Recommend Me A Game

rosco

Gawd
I get together a couple times a year with a few friends from high school to play pc games. None of us really game that much other than at our gatherings as we stay busy with family, etc. So, we mainly stick to old school games we know we like. We enjoy playing Desert Combat addon for BF1942 mainly, and sometimes BF Vietnam. Or, if we have a lot of time we might play Age of Empires III or one of the addons.

We like that we can host a game of our own and not worry about other internet players and just play among ourselves.

I am wondering what more modern games that are similar that might be out that we would enjoy. It doesn't have to be the latest just something from the past few years with some more updated graphics and capabilities.

Thanks for your recommendations.

rocket league (requires internet) 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, or 4v4 can create private servers.
csgo (requires internet) updated counter strike.
diablo 3 (requires internet) up to 4 people per game.
gta v (requires internet) Heist are great 4 people per heist cept the first one which only has 2, but really fun goofing off in open world.
payday 2 (requires internet) 4 player co-op. go rob banks, jewelry stores and more.

I dont like telling you this but if you wanna do more modern games internet is required, the days of lan gaming are over for the most part. A lot of the modern games these days have match making though so all you gotta do is que up and you'll get into a game.

Depth is very, very fun MP. It's 4 divers vs 2 sharks; divers have different weapons and items they can use (such as sonar buoys and mines), sharks have special abilities depending on class and also other power ups. The regular price of $25 may be a bit steep for a part time play but on sale it's usually 50-75% off; I got it for 75% off during the free weekend and it's more than worth it. LAN play capability (private match) is built in. New maps, items, and sharks have been free; they do have skins for sale but everything else has been free in updates. Very good dev supported game.

Another few good MP games (though not shooters) are Towerfall (1-4p co-op or vs.), Broforce (1-4p co-op), Sonic All-Stars Racing: Transformed (similar to Mario Kart and able to play split screen), and Castle Crashers (1-4p co-op or vs.).

Also some games do allow you to create private internet matches which are basically the same as lan matches.

BLOPS III

Vermintide I think you can co-op with friends somehow yeah just create a room

I just got back into Serious Sam 3, and I forgot how amazing it was. An oldschool co-op run'n'gun shooter with ~modern graphics.

Video of Co-Op

Thanks for all the recommendations so far. I'll check these out!

In the meantime, any more recommendations just let me know.

Back