Recommend me a case for ~60 bucks.

Cthulhu

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for an inexpensive case... needs good airflow, not too concerned about looks. would like it to be from newegg, but not totally necessary. don't need a power supply either. if it comes with one, that's cool though. any suggestions? :)

I have enjoyed great sucess using Antec cases and it appears that you have chosen a nice design. I really appreciate the dual 120mm fan mounts that the case supports from the factory (so much so that I will probably purchase one soon).

Good choice.

I use those whenever i am building a budget box. Work really well. The drive cage is also removeable which is nice.

just curious as to why this was moved? my thread has nothing to do with case modding... seems to me general hardware would be the correct forum. :confused:

anyway... yeah, i do like the look of that case. it's different... do you currently have that case? how's the airflow?

yeah, i'm a big fan of antec cases... that's what i usually get. i was just seeing if anyone had any other low price suggestions. :D

wierd... i just got this case http://www.xoxide.com/xoxide-x-handler-case-silver.html
looks like someone's sharing suppliers :p.

The construction on my case is good overall. Airflow's definitely good. I can't tell from the pics on the other case, but mine came with an 80mm blowhole mount, the side panel has multiple places to mount fans, plus 120mm front and back. the only stupid thing is that there's not enough room to slide a 120 in the front.

I hate doors on cases, but other than that I'd say the antec's better quality. This one has more of what you might define as 'features' or 'gimmicks', depending on your inclination

Yo,

I have a couple questions. I'm looking at cases...
  1. Is that a WORKING media card reader in the 3.5 bay?
  2. How is the power supply quality? I am trying to decide on the Xoxide or Directron versions, and 7 bux for a PS is possibly nice.

charles555 said:
[*]How is the power supply quality? I am trying to decide on the Xoxide or Directron versions, and 7 bux for a PS is possibly nice.
[/list]

7 dollars for a PSU is never nice. Don't let 7 dollars ruin your entire system.

The Antec SLK3000B is an excellent case if you are interested in quiet computing. Great airflow. It is among the highest recommended cases at Silent PC Review.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article75-page2.html

I have my A64 3500+ Winchester system in the 3000B with the rear 120mm case fan turned down to its low setting which is extremely quiet (it's not so quiet at the medium and high settings though). I have the Zalman7000A AlCu turned all the way down with the Zalman fanmate, the Seasonic Super Tornado 400W PSU (also extremely quiet) and no front case fan. My temps are fine and I have to put my ear right up to my comp to hear it. The "noise" of my CRT monitor is actually starting to bother me. :D Note I'm not overclocking though (yet).

Back