Recommend inexpensive (wired) mouse with this kind of shape?

Discussion in 'Mice and Keyboards' started by DaRuSsIaMaN, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN [H]ard|Gawd

Right now my two favorite mice are the MS Sidewinder X8, and the Logitech Performance MX. Below:

410kr_FXMs1_L.jpg performance_mx.jpg

With both of them, I like that they are fairly fat in the height direction and also kinda large overall. I think my favorite shape is the X8 one, on the left, where the hump is a little to the back rather than centered; however, the MX still feels really comfortable even though the hump is pretty much centered.

Anyway, any recommendations for mice with similar shapes but wired and not expensive? Definitely below $50, preferably under $30. I just bought a Rosewill M57, which has a profile similar to the X8, with the hump a little to the back, but it feels a little too small. It's shorter (or thinner?) than the X8, so not as comfortable. I think I'm gonna return it...

The fallback would be a Logitech M500, which I also have, and it's a good option. But is anyone familiar with other models that fit these characteristics?

2. N4CR

N4CR 2[H]4U

An older G500 might be around that price?

I just went trackball and I'm probably not going back, miles better for long usage scenarios. Can get an Expert Corded trackball for ~50-60USD
    Later logitech stuff doesn't have the QC/quality it used to. Buttons dying in 2 years... multiple ratchet failures, otherwise i'd say get a used MX master it's the ultimate of this type of design you seek. Great mouse, just not reliable.

DaRuSsIaMaN likes this.
  3. I'm going to point you at Steel Series. Mainly because it's what I use.
    Not paid by them. Just have found their mice to be decent.
    Don't REALLY care for their driver management system. But I can put up with it because everything I've seen on other platforms is little better.
    Hell, if I could, I'd just use a Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse (1.1a).
    The only thing I find of benefit above that is mouse accelleration (try scrolling across a 6000x3800 pixel desktop without it...)

Steel Series Rival 110 ($40)
    purchase-gallery-image-rival-110-sideb.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2[1].png

Steel Series Sensei 310 ($60)
    310s-gallery-high-sensei-310__side-left.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2[1].png
    Steel Series Rival 310 ($60)
    310s-gallery-high-rival-310__side-left.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2[1].png
    Steel Series Rival 710 ($100)
    purchase-gallery-710-rumble.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2[1].png

Steel Series Sensei Raw (Amazon) ($65)
    31nKnO4JKCL[1].jpg

4. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

Been using a FinalMouse, I really like it.