Recommend a Monitor for eyefinity/Nvidia surround

mmarsh

Limp Gawd
Hi Folks

I am looking for a good gaming monitor for a 3 screen eyefinity/nvidia surround setup. Note: I haven't actually picked the video card yet as I am awaiting word on the 290x / 780 Ti wars to be decided.

Must be 24'' and have the thinnest bezel possible. 1-2ms refresh for a TN 5ms refresh for a IPs.

Maximim $300 per screen.

Could you give me some recommendations? I like the Asus VN247H (although the lack of a DVI connector is annoying). Got any suggestions?

May want to wait on the gsync monitors. Be tough to drop nearly a grand on soon to be old tech.

I would suggest getting a nice 27" Korean IPS and maybe selling it when the new monitors are released next year.

Vega runs 24" triple screen IIRC. Check out his monitors. I think he uses ASUS vg24qe models but I'd double check on that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313

These will be able to be chipped via G-Sync. I am running one now. If you want IPS then I would go with Dell U2412M. I have three of these as well. Vega has done a lot of work to delaminate and debezel the Asus monitors which makes it the true winner in my book. I think you can send them off to him for modifications if you are interested. I am somewhat bothered by the bezels on the Dell even though they are still pretty slim compared to some Samsung monitors.

He is a member here and does some serious gaming set ups. He also has a YT channel showing off his set up and does a how to debezel and some other stuff. He's bit on the bleeding edge of things around here too when it comes to monitors. He's somewhat admired and respected by the HF members for his knowledge and work.

Back