Recommend a game with a fun/funny story.

Another vote for NOLF and Grim Fandango, those games were pretty funny when i played through them. Which reminds me to dig them up and play through them again :D

Another vote for Stubbs the zombie. Also Overlord fits your criteria pretty well and was enjoyable.

I would say Thief : The Dark Project and Thief 2 : The Metal Age. The dialogue between characters is often hilarious and amongst the best written in a computer game

The Bard's Tale

This. Although, I only ever played the 2004 version. It was pretty funny iirc. The whole "tutorial" segment at the beginning is great. The Bard is voiced by Cary Elwes of "The Princess Bride" and "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" fame. Also, one of my favourite voice-actors around, Tony Jay narrates(You might remember Tony Jay as Kresselack in the IWD series, or The Transcendent One from Planescape: Torment)

The space quest and quest for glory series were pretty funny, wish space quest seven actually came out though, oh well.

I dunno about you guys but I find Borderlands to be funny as well. Some good comic relief from the robots and some of the "hicks" in that game.

I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please, both incredibly fun (and funny) point and click games that will basically run on any compute.
You can download the first one from Zombie Cow Studios homepage for free, or get both of them for $5 on Steam.
Also, they scored a nice 83 on metacritic :D
If you're into old school LucasArts games, these are for you.

I really enjoyed Bully and would recommend it. I played it on the PS2 when it was first released and also bought the scholarship edition for 360.

Try to get the scholarship edition if you can (360, wii, pc), it has higher res textures/models, extra missions and content.

This is one of my personal favorite games to play, probably because when I was a young impressionable lad going into high school I was expecting it to be like those wacky high school adventure movies, but in reality was average and boring. :eek:

Grim Fandango is my most favorite game for story line and it is an obscure game because its older. Only some of the older gamers will know of this game. Don't expect amazing graphics on this game, but playing through the story line more then makes up for it.

The Longest Journey was good too.

All of LucasArts game are pretty good.

Grim Fandango has got to be one of the best games ever made.

Grim Fandango has got to be one of the best games ever made.

Hell yea! :D And so do so many other people...read all of the rewards it won,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Fandango#Awards

It's still in the Top 25 PC games.

Here's a list of some sellers off of Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ssc_...eywords=grim+fandango&x=0&y=0&sprefix=grim+fa

Brand new still sells for $50 lol. So if that says anything about this great game (came out 1998, 11 years ago).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Bards Quest and Grim Fandango would be the first two I would say to start with. They are classics on the lines of Casablanca and you can't really be a movie fan without seeing it nor are you a true game lover if you haven't played them.

Damn, no one had mentioned Uncharted 1 & 2 yet?? These have a lot of humor in them. Drake has some of the best one-liners in a game that I can remember, plus every other aspect of the game(s) is gravy.

Edit: Opps, PC only games.. my bad. Then you should get a PS3 just for these games, lol. Truly epic games.

Although not for the PC, I found the Ratchet and Clank games for PS2 and PS3 to be hilarious. I also found FF9 for the PSX to be funny too.

Psychonauts, and any N64 platformer from Rare (where have they gone???)

Grim Fandango, NOLF, Destroy All Humans! 2 (xbox)
Sam & Max, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and any of the King's Quest Games from the good 'ol DOS days (Sierra). ahhhh memories :)

Back