Recommend a Cable Vendor - DVI-I and VGA D-Sub

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
I am about to run some connections for a projector. I will be running DVI-I and VGA in this project and I've realized in my research that cable vendors can be very hit or miss -- even the beloved MonoPrice.

I am especially looking for robust VGA cables that have all 15 pins bonded out so that I can hit higher resolutions over the D-Sub connector.

Recommendations by name are welcome but I'd really love direct links to cables that folks have used with good success.

I've had great luck with Startech products. Good quality cables. Only once did I have a bad Active DVI-D to Displayport adapter cable. They sent me a new one for free under warranty.

Monoprice or BlueJeans cable here.

Haven't gotten a bad cable from Monoprice yet.

I am doing 25 feet but I need to be able to drive 1920x1080 over it. This is technically possible when all 15 wires are bonded out in the cable but I've discovered that many cable vendors (including MonoPrice sometimes) are not doing so.

Well it would appear that Star Tech cable are Triple - Coaxial and twisted pair (Amazon), so in theory should give you a pretty clean signal for that long of a run. They are CMG Rated (General Purpose) so might not work if you are running through the wall and trying to stay in code.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The StarTech cables are good but if you read the comment history the vendor selling the cables is spotty. I found those when I was doing my research and got turned off by the seller since it's not Amazon direct.

Back