Recommend a 750w PSU

FenFox

Limp Gawd
As the title says, just looking for some solid 750w PSU recommendations. Nothing too expensive, nothing too cheap.

I'll be picking up one from either of these stores tomorrow, so hopefully they will have your recommendation(s) in stock.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/

https://www.canadacomputers.com/

I do have an EVGA Supernova 750w G2 Gold in an older PC. I think I bought this PSU around 2019. Is it still good? Maybe I can repurpose this one.

The G2 is an excellent PSU if you just want to reuse it. I have an 850 G2 that is much older and going great.

For new in your budget range, I'd recommend looking into the Seasonic Focus line of PSUs.

Reactions: pavel
like this
For no worries and sensible price, Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W titanium.
12yr warranty.
That warranty spells what you are getting.
And the best efficiency, you will save a lot of money in those 12 years!

I bought a Corsair RM850x 2018 edition (reportedly, one of the most quiet out there) - it is often discounted to about $139 CAD (the 750w version - RM750x is often $129).

I tend to look at Corsair and Seasonic psu - and recommend those - I don't read the reviews much anymore but when I did - those are the ones that sounded like good deals - if you want something quiet and decent quality. I am not too familiar with other makes.

I bought a Corsair RM850x 2018 edition (reportedly, one of the most quiet out there) - it is often discounted to about $139 CAD (the 750w version - RM750x is often $129).

I tend to look at Corsair and Seasonic psu - and recommend those - I don't read the reviews much anymore but when I did - those are the ones that sounded like good deals - if you want something quiet and decent quality. I am not too familiar with other makes.
I currently use the Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W Titanium.
The previous PSU in this machine was a Corsair AX750, based on a Seasonic design, it was used 24/7 for 9 years.
This has a 7 year warranty and is still powering a high end gaming machine 11 years after purchase with no sign of problems, despite the number of hours in service.
I expected to need another PSU at least 3 years ago.
It not only saved good money on electricity being a Gold 80+ rating (good for its day) over those years of 24/7 use, not having to be replaced saves a lot more!

My current Seasonic PSU will pay for itself in the same fashion, even better efficiency and a super long life.
12 year warranty is wonderful!

like this
I agree that the 750w supernova is a great power supply. I have had a couple different capacity supernovas and they're all still going strong. If keep on running it. You said you were getting one from a store on Wednesday though. What did you get?

like this
Another vote the Seasonic SSR-750TR (750W Prime Ultra Titanium). Mine has been purring smoothly with zero problems since 2019.

Reactions: Nenu
like this
Not a gigabyte....

I got one as part of a newegg shuffle. Luckily it wasn't an exploding one, but it seems weak. No way can it do 750w.

My go-to psu brands : EVGA or Seasonic

Gold, Platinum or Titanium

Period

Seasonic has been around forever and is basically the gold standard. And many Corsair PSUs are basically just rebranded Seasonic PSU's, from what I understand. EVGA has a good reputation too. You would probably be fine with any of those three brands. When it comes to efficiency, Titanium > Platinum > Gold > Silver > Bronze > 80 Plus.

Check out Superflower also. They are the OEM for some of EVGA's best PSUs but you can often get better deals buying the superflower branded units instead.

I remember back in the day Superflower units were the shit. All I had were SuperFlowers. Back then they were tanks.

Almost a month and the op hasnt returned or replied.
1st post here was his last post on [H], he hasnt logged in since.

I just ordered 2 of the SuperFlower Leadex III 750w Gold+ from Amazon for $109 a piece. Doing some research, these should go well with the new RTX 3080s for my son's PC.

Back