Recommend a 19in LCD for me please

neeyo

Gawd
Here's my goal: I want quality. It's not that price is no object, but the phrase "I can overlook its flaws because of the low price" is not what I want. My criteria:

19 in
1280x1024
NON-widescreen
DVI is a must
NO ghosting... not even a little.

What I use it for:
75% Gaming
25% Image Editing
0% DVDs/Movies - if it plays movies like shit, but is perfect in every other way I would not care. I have never used my PC to watch a movie.

This is to replace my cheap 19in crt that's 5 years old. I'm tired of having to re-square the image when a new program or game needs a new res... moving the screen, sizing it, making each corner square, removing defects like off-balance, rotation, trapezoidal distortion----ugh, I'm through.

I don't want a no-name brand, even if it's free.
Viewsonics are out because of their history of DVI ports failing.
I don't like Samsungs for their backlight bleed. I just want a monitor that doesn't remind me of its shortcomings each time I use it.

Newegg's reviews for every monitor they have are mixed. A perfect monitor on one review site will be trashed on another. I just want to play my games in peace and heave this 50lb (or whatever) crt out of here now that I can easily get a nice LCD for < $400.

Thanks for any advice.

I JUST bought the Dell UltraSharp 1907FP ($250). Free shipping and it came the day after I ordered it. DVI and VGA inputs, and 4 usbs outputs. No better 19" for the price and the picture is quite stunning.

RaW WontoN said:
I JUST bought the Dell UltraSharp 1907FP ($250). Free shipping and it came the day after I ordered it. DVI and VGA inputs, and 4 usbs outputs. No better 19" for the price and the picture is quite stunning.

I hope so, I just ordered mine today.

Monty

Back