Recomend me a MMORPG

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
I'm thinking of getting into mmorpgs again, last time I played was the original everquest.

Something that will strain my system graphically also would be nice.

-RIFT is still going but not as strong as the official Steam Release last year.
-Black Desert Online looks fun and amazing once the North American Release is next year.
-Everquest Landmark is out which is a build your own house type of thing I guess there are animals but the real meat will be Everquest Next
-Camelot Unchained
is suppose to come out Next year which was a 2013 kickstarter project the sequel to Dark Age of Camelot
-Blade and Soul will be out in maybe a month or so NCSOFT game.
-Planetside 2 is still active SOE game or Daybreak now since SOE doesn't exist
-Firefall is fun to screw around with the population is not there

Out of all of them I had the most fun in Rift and Planetside 2

Wildstar just went free to play.

FFXIV has a free trial but its pay to play.

Guild Wars 2 is free to play and has an expansion coming up soon I believe.

Of those three, FFXIV is probably the most likely to tax your machine, esp in DX11 mode.

GW2 might be your best bang for buck on content. It's gorgeous as well. If you buy the expac, you get the base game as well.

I enjoyed Rift for a good while, so it has my vote. I believe they just came out or are about to come out with a new content patch.

You might want to try The Secret World if you're willing to try something more story driven, and not high-fantasy.

World of Warcraft is always a safe bet. There's a good reason why it's been around 11 years and still has the largest subscriber base. The core engine is old but has been revamped a few times. Graphic wise, it is more geared to being playable on as many different levels of hardware than being graphically heavy. It still looks great and the fun factor and amount of players make up for it. Find a high population server and enjoy actually playing with other people (something that you won't get in many other mmo's).

Guildwars 2 is very good and has no subscription. Unlike other free mmo's, they don't limit your experience at all for not paying a monthly fee. There are micro transactions, but they are for cosmetic things and perks.

Wildstar was pretty good the couple months I played it. It's got a good amount of other players again but will probably dwindle down to normal after a few months.

Eve is always a good choice too. Tough to learn, harder to master, but extremely rewarding. Huge community and massive world events. It's think it's the last true mmo where the massive part holds true.

Project 1999 - Free to play EQ in Velious era, if you want to take a strode down memory lane. ;)

World of Warcraft if you never tried it.

Guild Wars 2. Pretty graphics and no sub.

Oh wow, kudos on showing that SWG was brought back. I'm gonna check that out

Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet- Neverwinter Online was really enjoyable when i played

Been enjoying Neverwinter online.
It has been fun leveling but I have no idea about end game.

However, as far as leveling I feel it has been the most fun MMO I have played ever, including wow.

Im the origional OG on swg bloodfin emu server here :) Anyone who joins throw me a PM ill shower you in credits and what ever spare loot i have laying around. I also know a easy way to get jedi if your into that thing.

Destiny-
It's, I think, the most accessible MMO on the market, particularly if you don't have 4-5 hours at a time to sink into it. Also, no recurring subscription fees! Alas, it's console only.

If you have even a chance of liking a game long enough to play it long-term, avoid NCSoft properties.

i'm playing Everquest 2 on the Time Locked Expansion PVE server.....more people playing that game currently than I ever remember. It's pretty fun albeit there are some issues with them not fully reverting the game back to it's original state (some items in the game are overpowered making some of the content trivial). But for nostalgia purposes, it's a fun playthrough getting to see all of the content again (especially for EQ1 players like yourself and me)

I'm thinking of getting into mmorpgs again, last time I played was the original everquest.

Something that will strain my system graphically also would be nice.

I think the EQ engine was coded poorly enough that it might still strain your system. :) I lost so much sleep to that damn game.

Guild Wars 2, it has the best community i've ever seen in ANY online game i've played... and i've played a lot! plus it's also free!

Back