recognize these chips?

anyone recognize these chips?

DSCN0743.jpg

DSCN0748.jpg

DSCN0757.jpg

i just want to know whats max volts i should run this at.

so far, 215mhz, 2-2-2-5 @ 2.8volts. no errors in memtest

They is CH5-UTT, and I would recommend 3.4 volts. They can probably handle 3.6-3.8+, as I have some Mushkin with the same chips, as well as Twinmos that I used to have. They all do 250 @ 3.3 - 3.4 volts. Hopefully you will get the same results, if not better.

errors like crazy?

DSCN0760.jpg

seems to be like the same address thats giving errors, what should i do?

edit: ok looks like errors are gone after i bumpped to 3.6v and setting timings to 2-2-2-5.

Try starting at 3.0 volts and start at 216 MHz. If there are no errors keep increasing the frequency until there are errors. Then raise the voltage to 3.1 volts and continue the process. Keep the timings at 2-2-2-8. In memtest, I usually let tests 1,2, and 3 run right away and then let loop test 5 ~ 10 times, then I increase the speed if there are no errors. When I think I have reached my limit, I let it run through all the tests for ~ hour, and if it is still going without errors, I let it run overnight and until I get home from work, so ~ 16 hours. If running 3.0 volts or higher, I would, and do, use a fan pointed at the ram. On my DFI Ultra D, I have 2 80mm fans zip tied together on top of the heatsink blowing at the memory. On my DFI NF3, I have a fan on my hard drive that sticks out a bit that blows at the memory.

yup i did the fan thing:

DSCN0769.jpg

seems like the more i run it, the errors go away. and look, i set it to 3.6v, 245mhz, 2-2-2-5 and error free for 1 full (tests 1-10) pass now:

RSCN0766.jpg

ch-5 likes low timings, i'll bet that if you go back to 2.5-3-3, the errors will come back. :p

Those chips look to be Value VX. Same shit that is in the VX gold series except they are unbinned. Crank up the volts and they will fly. Is ch-5 UTT the same thing as VX?

Back