Recent windows 10 update caused issues with sd card reader.

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
I have a lenovo z51-70 (first and last lenovo i will buy) And until a windows update on thursday 5/12/16 my card reader worked fine and did not cycle detection. But now when i have a card in it every 10 or so minutes the sound for the ejection and connection of the card will occur. I thought i fixed it by reloading the readers drivers but it continues to do so...

Is my sd card dying? Or did win 10 f-up and destroy my card reader...

to be clear when it happens the sd card does not disappear it remains and did not interrupt transfers...

Last edited:
I have a lenovo z51-70 (first and last lenovo i will buy) And until a windows update on thursday 5/12/16 my card reader worked fine and did not cycle detection. But now when i have a card in it every 10 or so minutes the sound for the ejection and connection of the card will occur. I thought i fixed it by reloading the readers drivers but it continues to do so...

Is my sd card dying? Or did win 10 f-up and destroy my card reader...

to be clear when it happens the sd card does not disappear it remains and did not interrupt transfers...
Can you roll back to before the update? That would confirm if it's the update itself or the reader.

Can you roll back to before the update? That would confirm if it's the update itself or the reader.
I deleted the drivers reinstalled I think I can still roll back but I looked at the update that installed and it should not be able to interfere with the reader. Tried other SD cards too they still do it but the reader itself still works. Though I did find out transfers will fail if it happens during them...

Back