Recent RTS Releases... Opinions?

EvilKamui

n00b
I was looking at the newer RTS games today and wondering about these 2 games:
Civilization 4 and Battle for Middle Earth 2
I already have Empire at War but I was wondering what others thought of the above titles.

I haven't touched a single RTS in about 5 years with the random exception of BFME. I acquired BFME 2 and I recommend it if you enjoy the LOTR universe. I'm a sucker for the awesome killing power of the elves, so naturally, this game seemed like a winner.

Dark Assassin

yea, i tried the demo after starting the thread. It is an awesome game from what ive seen in that. I may save up to get it soon.

nothing out really got me excited to try them, i always wanted to give them a shot, but when i see some of hte price tags on them and dreading them not being as fun as i thought they'd be i usually stay away

i'm just waiting for supreme commander, right now that game has my eye really close and i expect it to possibly grab me much like the earlier RTS' did, probably the only one i'm going to buy for release price

I think if you enjoyed BFME get the second one but if you feel like a change then get Civ 4.

BFMEII is awesome. However, have you concidered Age of Empires III. It's the best RTS I have played in a good while... I'm really enjoying it.

Keep in mind that Civ 4 is NOT an RTS. It is still turn-based. I'm not saying that takes any fun out of it. On the contrary, I've lost many an hour to it so far. However, I just wouldn't want you to expect it to be real-time.

Back