Reccommend me a Case for my HTPC

Format _C:

2[H]4U
A MATX (Micro ATX) case I have a case but I cracked the front and it bugs me :p .
A case that will hold full hight PCI cards, Front USB (I think most have this) 2 rear fans 1 front. looks cool or blends in with my stereo rack. I have this case now
http://www.directron.com/cstr100.html but I broke the front so mabe a case like this. newegg does not have any I like, I'm open to all suggustens

I asked a similar question about ATX cases but got some mATX answers. People in my thread seemed to like the Cooler Master htpc case. It can be found on newegg sorry I don't have the link handy.

well if you want your case to look more like a shuttle xpc, you always go for the antec aria, but there's other cases out there like silverstone which look pretty damn slick in my opinion, but also run with a high price range.

I just bought a SilverStone SST-LC02 (Silver). It supports uATX and ATX boards but is much smaller than the other desktop cases that support full ATX boards (and it looks a hell of a lot better sitting with my home theater equipment).

All my stuff is getting installed in it today.

Anything by SilverStone is what I'd recommend. Directron has several of their cases, the SST-LC01-B being my fav. Ahanix has REALLY nice cases, but they're also more expensive and harder to find.

It certainly is that Bomber! My only problem with that, and others like it, is the 'It still looks like a PC' factor. The SilverStone often gets mistaken for high-end audio equipment (Which, I guess with the right components, it is :))

mutazx said:
It certainly is that Bomber! My only problem with that, and others like it, is the 'It still looks like a PC' factor. The SilverStone often gets mistaken for high-end audio equipment (Which, I guess with the right components, it is :))

That is true to be sure. It does look like a PC.

you know, i've never cared for the a-tech case, i can however say that outside of custom fab'ing (which this basically is right?), this is a work of art. I like these guys too

Yeah those guys are awesome, I also like the look of the case from Kanam's Accent but I still think that the vast majority of HTPCs cases look too PCish still so I'm going to try and build my own. Who knows I could completely screw up and waste perfectly good money that could have gone into getting a nice case :D

I'll try to, I have it all sketched out but I have no talent in CAD software so I'm doing it all by hand. I still have to get some more tools but I think I might be able to start working on it.

Back