Reccomendations on Earbuds?

Aslyium

n00b
So i got recommended to this forum recently by my brother, as is i don't know much about how this community works or if it will help me any (i hope it does!! :D).
I was searching around for a higher-quality, durable (as i most likely will use it time to time for school purposes), and has a price range around $30-$50.
I would appreciate any suggestions, tips, or recommendations to what brand i should look for, and if possible any specific earbud that any of you think might be worth my time. Thank you! :D

(Btw, since i don't know the exact way to do this, tips on forum posting could be helpful as well, i appreciate all criticism.)

What's most important to you from your earbuds? The monoprice 8320s sound incredible for the price but not everyone finds them comfortable for extended wear. Currently in my mind they are a pretty unbeatable value.

Among the details and qualities an earbud can have, the priorities would be listed in order of quality: audio quality, comfort, durability (as well as what it's made out of, EX: cheap plastic compared to solid wood), price, and style would be a bit farther down but still something that would be preferred. (not needed, preferred)

I wouldn't know what category to put what it would be made out of. Since style is more for looks and comfort is more of the earbud gel shape/material, in the end i decided durability best fits it.

As the over all quality of the monoprice 8320s is very nice for it's price, i feel that it would break down easily within a few months of use.

Last edited:
Xiaomi (2nd) Piston - unbeatable for under $20.. with foam tips, almost indistinguishable from Sennheiser Momentum In Ears. Will not find a better pair at that price IMO.

Something with Kevlar cables for your durability requirement.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to IEMs or earbuds, I prefer them to be slightly vented which most are not. When they don't have a vented housing they are prone to cable vibration and hollow sounds in your ears.

IEMs or Buds? Lots of IEM suggestions, so I'll toss in an 'open' bud

My favorite Buds are probably Yuins, PK3s are in price range but I've seen PK2s from Massdrop or similar for 50 bucks. I liked my PK3s enough that I picked up some PK2s when I saw them on sale and it's nice having a pair sitting in multiple rooms of the house for easy reach.

Difference being that buds generally don't seal; so less cable vibration; but also less bass. I tend to use IEMs for critical listening (I personally use a pair of se846s) and Buds for podcasts/dog walks/on-the-move activities as they can come in/out much more often and I'm less likely to walk infront of a car or bike from not hearing it.

Yuin PK2 are indeed excellent. I use a pair at work, paired with my Audioengine D3. However their durability is horrid. I go for an hour long walk every day, and the PK2s started blipping on me when during my stride, and pretty soon. They're good if you want to sit still. Anything on the go? Bad idea.

Xiaomi (2nd) Piston - unbeatable for under $20.. with foam tips, almost indistinguishable from Sennheiser Momentum In Ears. Will not find a better pair at that price IMO.

+1

I loathe how Head Fi goes ga ga over FotM stuff and over hypes it to hell and back, but these do deserve every bit of it... On all accounts. They simply don't sound OR feel like $20 IEM, or even $50 IEM.

Been reading good things about version 3 too although I rather liked the unique gold/brown look of the 2s (it's not flashy or blingy in person). Won't go as far as calling them giant killers because for $75-100 I'd prefer the Philips Fidelio S1 I gave my sis or my Etys with custom tips...

The Xiaomis are far far better than anything else I've had <$50 tho (including various MEElecs and old Senn/JVC models). I still prefer the MEE M6 for running cause of the fit tho, so the Xiaomis are just my beaters now. :p

Getting way more use out of them than any beater pair I've had tho, specially since they're way warmer than the Etys.

What's most important to you from your earbuds? The monoprice 8320s sound incredible for the price but not everyone finds them comfortable for extended wear. Currently in my mind they are a pretty unbeatable value.

For the price, these are the ones to go with.

I have the Monoprice. Some MEE headphones. Some Etymotic Research HF3's and Jaybird X2's.

The latter is bluetooth and I'm currently testing them to see if they work good enough to replace my HF3's for gym use (I like the no cord design).

Back