Rebuilding my gaming rig. Feedback welcome!

Kusanhagi

Weaksauce
It's that time of year i will usually build a new pc. This year I decided to keep many of the components and just upgrade the others.

I like to pull everything apart and build as if from scratch giving me the opportunity to thoroughly clean and reseat, as well as do a better job of hiding wires.

Below is a list of parts I kept and upgraded. The first part will be the original and then across from it the replacement of any.

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D - Kept

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z87 - Kept

CPU: Intel core i7 4770K - Kept

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 - Replaced with 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400

CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 - Replaced stock fans with Noctua NF-A14 FLX fans

Case Fans: Stock corsair 140 - Replaced with Corsair AF-140 High Airflow fans

Optical Drive: Samsung DVD/RW - Replaced with LG Blu-Ray burner

SSD: 2 Samsung Evo 500gb in RAID0 - Replaced with Samsung 850 Pro 1TB

HDD: 2 WD 1TB Blue - Replaced with WD 3TB Black

Video Card: EVGA Classified GTX 780ti -Replaced through Step-Up program with EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980

PSU: Corsair HX 850M - Replaced with EVGA 1000 Watt SuperNova Platinum

Added: Blue LED lighting inside case

Monitor: 2 ASUS VE278Q - Replaced with ASUS PG278Q ROG SWIFT

Operating System: Windows 8.1 - Replaced with Windows 8.1 Professional

I've got everything in the case and it's looking awesome.

looks like some nice equipment,mine games smooth even being older stuff
I did get a new Ratpadz XT from a Razor cloth pad for 7 years,better than the Func surface before that too

Looks good.
When I build my next on its going to be a itx with no leds and zero noisy fans. My days of building big, loud, bright PCs are ova

Looks like a nice upgrade, particularly in storage and GPU (although if not for your Step-Up probably timing out, I'd say hold off a bit for 390x and 980 ti).

For better or worse, there's no real worthwhile CPU upgrade above that 4770k, and won't be for a while.

Back