Rebuilding a NiCd battery pack (One of the battery terminals broke)

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I have a really old Video 8 (8MM Video Cassette) that has a dead battery pack that I am now rebuilding because I happen to find an exact match of a battery pack from a working electric sweeper that was in the garbage and that battery is good :) and while doing so one of the terminals broke :( they look like really thin steel to me at least I do not really know if they are or not.
So my question is what can I use that can be easily shaped and soldered to so I can replace preferably both terminals now?

Here are some pictures of what I am dealing with

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thank You in advance

I think that kind of terminal is usually nickel-plated aluminum. Aluminum for the conductivity, nickel for the corrosion resistance and ease of soldering (aluminum is a bear to solder).

Any particular reason you have to rebuild the pack as-is? I'd be really tempted to replace the NiCD cells with a hobby 2S LiPo. Lower cost, higher capacity, higher current capability. I actually did exactly that with a cordless drill someone gave me, and it's very nice :)

I think that kind of terminal is usually nickel-plated aluminum. Aluminum for the conductivity, nickel for the corrosion resistance and ease of soldering (aluminum is a bear to solder).

Any particular reason you have to rebuild the pack as-is? I'd be really tempted to replace the NiCD cells with a hobby 2S LiPo. Lower cost, higher capacity, higher current capability. I actually did exactly that with a cordless drill someone gave me, and it's very nice :)

The reason I am trying to rebuild the pack as-is is because I was hoping to do it for free or cheap (I got the "new" NiCd batteries for free) Anyway I have found that a small picture hanger is of the exact width of the existing terminals so I when bent into shape looks like it will work fine (They are brass plated steel)
They also have a convenient hole for soldering the wire to

The reason I am trying to rebuild the pack as-is is because I was hoping to do it for free or cheap (I got the "new" NiCd batteries for free) Anyway I have found that a small picture hanger is of the exact width of the existing terminals so I when bent into shape looks like it will work fine (They are brass plated steel)
They also have a convenient hole for soldering the wire to

Nice find!

Back