Rebooting, Freezing and more

My pleasure to help (or try to, anyway :)) - would love to hear the final resolution on this when you get it.

Hey guys an update!! So i woke up and said i going to fix this dam it!!! lol Anyway so here we go!! I ran and bought a new m.2 drive same as my good one samsun 980 pro 2tb. I took my original good drive that works perfect and installed it alone, i said the hell with it i had enuff room i installed most the new software i had installed in the new drive and i did the updates, now remember it was working perfect. I opened armoury crate and it comes up with all the updates like amd chipset and intel lan and a few others so i did it and now put nextflix on and yep i was getting some freezing not as bad with the other drive i cloned but was not perfect like 20 min ago. I was going to update this drive then clone it to the one i bought today to see if the other drive with all the glitches if it was the drive itself bad. So now like i said i got some glitches after the updates i am thinking the good drive was from my ddr4 board and the dd4 amd cpu and ddr4 memory, and i just updated it was i supposed to uninstall all those drivers first instead of just hitting update could this be the problem cause i just did update and not uninstall them???? And i should of made a restore point but was'nt sure how. Well let me know if u guys think this the problem and how do i fix it? Again thank u guys so much!!!

Hey guys an update!! So i woke up and said i going to fix this dam it!!! lol Anyway so here we go!! I ran and bought a new m.2 drive same as my good one samsun 980 pro 2tb. I took my original good drive that works perfect and installed it alone, i said the hell with it i had enuff room i installed most the new software i had installed in the new drive and i did the updates, now remember it was working perfect. I opened armoury crate and it comes up with all the updates like amd chipset and intel lan and a few others so i did it and now put nextflix on and yep i was getting some freezing not as bad with the other drive i cloned but was not perfect like 20 min ago. I was going to update this drive then clone it to the one i bought today to see if the other drive with all the glitches if it was the drive itself bad. So now like i said i got some glitches after the updates i am thinking the good drive was from my ddr4 board and the dd4 amd cpu and ddr4 memory, and i just updated it was i supposed to uninstall all those drivers first instead of just hitting update could this be the problem cause i just did update and not uninstall them???? And i should of made a restore point but was'nt sure how. Well let me know if u guys think this the problem and how do i fix it? Again thank u guys so much

Armoury Crate is pure unadulterated garbage. Get rid of it. The ONLY drivers you should need are the AMD chipset drivers, DIRECTLY FROM AMD and your nVidia Drivers, DIRECTLY FROM NVIDIA

PS . so far my games did not get affected just mostly putting like netflix on and other movie sites but also the faulty drive the one i cloned i flashed the bios, i did not do that yet on the original good drive and do i even have to?

Armoury Crate is pure unadulterated garbage. Get rid of it. The ONLY drivers you should need are the AMD chipset drivers, DIRECTLY FROM AMD and your nVidia Drivers, DIRECTLY FROM NVIDIA
Ok i understand did not know the nvdia drivers yes them i do get from there web site, so now what do i do should i uninstall those chipset drivers?

I can not catch a break one other issue i put in the new drive as a second drive, i bought today but windows does not see it i checked the bios and it is there, so then i put the faulty drive in same thing !!! it does not see it wtf!!!! i got the drive im using in slot m.2-1 and then i tried the 2 other drives in m.2-2 and then the 3rd slot it does not see them but the bios does someone shoot me!!!!!!

put the original working drive back in and take it to the shop you mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Mega6
like this
I can not catch a break one other issue i put in the new drive as a second drive, i bought today but windows does not see it i checked the bios and it is there, so then i put the faulty drive in same thing !!! it does not see it wtf!!!! i got the drive im using in slot m.2-1 and then i tried the 2 other drives in m.2-2 and then the 3rd slot it does not see them but the bios does someone shoot me!!!!!!

Also check to see if the drive is in Drive Manager (rt-click on Start button, select Disk Management)

Also check to see if the drive is in Drive Manager (rt-click on Start button, select Disk Management)
Yes got it working had to assign a letter to the drive is disk mang. Does anyone know a good cloning software ? Oh also do u need install windows before u clone it or u can clone it raw?

U mentioned it in this thread u mean cause i looked all the way back did not see were u mentioned it?

Everything is working perfect like i said before i removed all the drivers and reinstalled the right way so i just need to clone the dam drive sounds so easy!!! lol

thats the problem with having multiple threads for one system...
aomei backupper free version.
quick ? so on this program when i go to clone it, it gives u 2 choices 1st choice is, System clone- clone or migrate your system to ssd or other disk. Option 2 is : Disk clone, Clone a disk drive to another.
Which one do i use ?
Thanks

did you remove all other drives and make sure you can still boot? did you make the usb stick and boot off it?
disk clone is what you want.

lol, What !! boot usb stick !! lol english!!. So i have the 1tb in here the old one that working perfect and i got the 2tb i want to clone the 1tb to the 2tb then use the 2tb so now i got the space.

lol oh well so much for that i went to clone it and it says its not available in free trial version lol so much for that!! We the computer place wants 79 bucks to clone the drive and i got to lug my whole computer there so i will just buy the program..... My luck it will not work anyway so i will wind up spending double!!

seems the free version now only does data disk cloning, it wont do the os drive. if you buy it it will work or you can try this one
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
I bought it and did it it just finished was really fast did i have to format the drive first or it does everything ? So i will take the good drive out now and lets see what happens if it worked hold on to your knickers!!!

U prob. did explain it but i can't remember back then... So i am on the clone drive so far so good !!! i am up and running, i will not put it through some test run flight sim, nextflix all the good stuff so lets see what happens...

Wow by george i think we did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything seems great I do not want to jinx it!!! my luck the computer will go on fire!! lol Well thanks everyone for all the help and staying calm dealing with me!!! Hey pend if u ever in ny hit me up i buy u pizza!!! From the best places!!! ....

And hopefully, it's been a good educational experience as well :)
OH!!! It has, just the problem is once its fixed and u not working on it no more in a year well i do anyway i forget what i did.... Hey guys any way to repair like some programs will not start up and like the icon on the desktop with like the company picture is gone. When i try to start it it says the drive or network connection that the shortcut "xyz" refers to is unavailable. Can that be fixed?

OH!!! It has, just the problem is once its fixed and u not working on it no more in a year well i do anyway i forget what i did.... Hey guys any way to repair like some programs will not start up and like the icon on the desktop with like the company picture is gone. When i try to start it it says the drive or network connection that the shortcut "xyz" refers to is unavailable. Can that be fixed?
find the program, make a new shortcut and hope it works.

Could not find it i just reinstalled it at this point.

? is there a way to make a restore point through windows without having to go to like that blue screen through like the start up options like your going to safe mode?

Type restore point in the search box. System Props/System Protection/System Restore

Type restore point in the search box. System Props/System Protection/System Restore
Figures nothing goes easy it says to create a restore point for the drives that have protection turned on and of course my c drive is not protected and i can not get it to turn on?

So alittle up date, as u know since i texted last my computer has been working perfect!!! So yesterday i picked up the corsair h150 rgb elite and in stalled it my cpu is now like 25c lower to 50c but here goes the fun part!! I installed icue and all hell broke loose it kept freezing again and shutting down so i uninstalled it and it went back to normal i wonder why icue effected it. I did download it from there website and the lastest one but no luck......

So alittle up date, as u know since i texted last my computer has been working perfect!!! So yesterday i picked up the corsair h150 rgb elite and in stalled it my cpu is now like 25c lower to 50c but here goes the fun part!! I installed icue and all hell broke loose it kept freezing again and shutting down so i uninstalled it and it went back to normal i wonder why icue effected it. I did download it from there website and the lastest one but no luck......
ICue and NZXT CAM (personal experience) have issues that are prevalent all over Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/comme...g_bug_unofficial_workaround/?onetap_auto=true
Seems that any AIO software with HW monitoring conflict with other HW monitoring SW(Afterburner, HWinfo, GPUz etc.)
PM me for any help, I use a bat file to fix the CAM issues. Icue works fine now on LL fans memory and keyboard.

so my last reply i mentioned how i install a software and all hell broke loose and uninstalled and its been running fine except!!! i just noticed i lost 40 fps on flight sim, any clues to why installing the sofware that made it crash would cause me to loose that many fps or did it change some kind of settings that did not go back when i uninstalled it?

Ok i broke down i did a clean install and u guys were right it was not as bad as i thought !!! But 1 problem if anyone knows. So one program i had to install its called think or swim i use it for trading stocks, so it installed fine but when i am using it it makes the mouse stick like i cant move the pointer around freely its jumpie then when i close the program its fine any idear why?

Hey have u guys seen all these videos going around from the top tech guys about asus and how they are finished and all the problems the new boards are having and so on? Maybe my troubles have been with the motherboard?

Back