Reason to believe the OCZ Powerstream & Modstream are different?

_Korruption_

Supreme [H]ardness
I know they're different. :p

The Powerstream is based on Topower's P6 model, their flagship. It's got the push-pull fan setup and the adjustable rails. Topower claims a 3% voltage regulation on their P6 line, whereas OCZ claims a 1% regulation. Advertising? I don't know, nobody's proved that yet. Very nice power supply indeed, I really love the way it looks on the inside.

Now, the Modstream was released a few months after the Powerstream was released. It features the modular cabling and the single 120mm fan. It isn't really known what the core differences between the Powerstream and the Modstream are... most people assume that they are both Topower P6s with different options tacked on from the factory.

Doing some looking around, comparing the OCZ Modstream 450W and the Topower P5 450W (one step underneath the flagship P6), they look identical in terms of amperage output. Both output 26A/28A/45A (+12/+3.3/+5 respectively).

Is that enough evidence to show that the Modstream is indeed different from the Powerstream, in not just the external features, but the base as well?

Cliff's Notes:
1) OCZ Powerstream = Topower P6
2) OCZ Modstream = Topower P5?

Back