Reason for an i5 9400F over an R5 3600: Far Cry. That's all.

Nightfire

2[H]4U
Well this video just goes to show you how dominant AMD is in the midrange sector. I really did not expect this level of beat down in gaming:

Even the 7700k and 9600k were struggling against this $200 wonder. Not bad.

But userbenchmark said the i3 was fastest cpu in the world!
Lol, but... Its not just because AMD, it's because apps are all going back to single threaded and avoiding mutlithreading... (If you have read there response, you'll understand).

Yes, AMD is Gerry competitive throughout, but that doesn't always translate to sales.

Good Lord, Google puts them on top of the search results. Yep, an 8350k is now above a 9400f. Their response was so cringy.

Went with a 9400f in my back up system instead of AMD this time. Happy with my choice for what I use it for.

A quad core from two generations ago and an i5 without HT struggled against a cpu with better top to bottom specs? That's like boasting about a car winning a race against one with two flat tires.

I love AMD and market competition, but that is an absurd comparison.

Reactions: Link
like this
A quad core from two generations ago and an i5 without HT struggled against a cpu with better top to bottom specs? That's like boasting about a car winning a race against one with two flat tires.

I love AMD and market competition, but that is an absurd comparison.

Are you suggesting a 4/8 9th gen would be considerably faster than a 7700k lol? The 8600k was a 'fair' comparison based on cost.

Not an absurd comparison - you are just butthurt than Intel's midrange is mostly a flat tire.

My reason for picking something today is bc is don't want to wade thru the maturity BS of an AMD release.

Luckily I play shooters on my 2600 build, so as long as I'm getting 160fps @ 1440p or 175fps then@ 1080p or 95fps @3440x1440 I'm good

Whatever bump I get from 3600 can wait.
I ain't got time for the BS.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
My reason for picking something today is bc is don't want to wade thru the maturity BS of an AMD release.

Luckily I play shooters on my 2600 build, so as long as I'm getting 160fps @ 1440p or 175fps then@ 1080p or 95fps @3440x1440 I'm good

Whatever bump I get from 3600 can wait.
I ain't got time for the BS.
Same. These days happy to wait for revisions, Bios and silicon tweaks. GPUs though I'll buy closer to launch still.

Same. These days happy to wait for revisions, Bios and silicon tweaks. GPUs though I'll buy closer to launch still.

It's be nice if B550 is just a spec bump with no chipset fan needed given no pcie 4.0

VRM copy paste from low end x570 would be compelling, and we will have seen vendor bios release behavior on X570.

Inevitable CPU price cuts around Black Friday will just be good all around.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Well this video just goes to show you how dominant AMD is in the midrange sector. I really did not expect this level of beat down in gaming:

I wonder if dominant would be the word. I'm an INtel guy, but I did buy 4 ryzen chips the last 3 months. I'm happy with them, but I'm also not the common buyer. Most people who have bought processors the last few years for casual gaming, I'm willing to bet a lot of them are Intel users. It's simple, it works. Maybe some kids are asking their parents for Ryzen machines, and there will be an upsurge in amd...but Dominant...that seems like a pretty strong word to put towards a sector. Because isn't domination based on volume? Performance leaders maybe?

I wonder if dominant would be the word. I'm an INtel guy, but I did buy 4 ryzen chips the last 3 months. I'm happy with them, but I'm also not the common buyer. Most people who have bought processors the last few years for casual gaming, I'm willing to bet a lot of them are Intel users. It's simple, it works. Maybe some kids are asking their parents for Ryzen machines, and there will be an upsurge in amd...but Dominant...that seems like a pretty strong word to put towards a sector. Because isn't domination based on volume? Performance leaders maybe?

Well yes I did mean performance leading as I was referencing the video. However, based on these most recent, Amazon numbers, dominant looks to be the right word after all:
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189

In the top top ten, Intel had 1 mid range cpu with 2 high end cpus. AMD had 5 mid range cpus depending on your definition of mid range ($100-$300?)

Lol at $350 for a 7700k. Give it up, 1151 owners. You could get a 9600k and a nice motherboard for less!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back