Reason* Audio program

HiDDeN sTaSh

Limp Gawd
So i have reason im tryin to use it to make some drum and bass backgrounds..

Anybody know of any good tutorials i could benefit from?

Or any good advice?

the best thing you can do to learn reason is a completely free night, some caffeine, and some green stuff. most tutorials i've seen are a bit crap.

here's generally my workflow:
1) start with empty rack
2) add a mixer
3) add a sampler / subtractor synth depending on what's stuck in my head
4) go into edit mode on the sequencer pane and program in the notes that i have playing through my head
5) tweak it

http://zinn-x.com/sound/oxy.wma

Sure there is alot of thrash, but when you come across a good one, open the devices and follow the cabling to learn how it's done.
Forget those tracks loaded with rex samples - get the Redrum machined percussions. Be your own boss, don't depend on refill samples.

It's a great application - there'll be version 4 out very soon....

So i have reason im tryin to use it to make some drum and bass backgrounds..

Anybody know of any good tutorials i could benefit from?

Or any good advice?

One cool thing is to find isolated drum / bass sounds in music you listen to, then "lift" them out with an audio editor, tweak them up a bit as to make their origin unidentifiable, and then load them into an NN-XT sampler in Reason. Much cheaper than buying sample packs on eBay, and more often you get the sounds you want.

I really like a lot of the drum sounds in Sublime, and often they're kind enough to have a beat going with nothing over it so I can take the drum sounds quite easily.

I know this is probably illegal, but as long as you tweak the sound, nobody can ever prove you did it :p

btw what new features will version 4 bring to the table?

right on thanks guys.. ill have to take a listen to that track you have there but im at work everytime i check here.

Back