Reason 3.0

Irishllama

[H]ard|Gawd
I can't seem to figure this out, I've tried their support forum, tried google. Tried reinstalling,

It always gives me a "Erorr: Failed to Open file". Some people say go into the registry, and change a .smp key. Well I don't even have that key.

are you running it via WINE in Linux by any chance?

or pirated version?

when you get this error, it usually means that Reason is trying to load the startup demo RNS song, but it can't find this file.

you what you can do is start it by double clicking on a RNS file so it loads that instead of the demo song. then go into options and change it to start with an empty rack instead of the demo. that song is dumb anyway.

tell me if that fixes it.

Hello,

Which OS you using?

I know there are some problems with Vista unless you install as administrator.
Apparently installation cannot write to the registry correctly.

I ran, and am running Reason 3.0 on Vista 32 and 64, respectively.

Try this:

1) Uninstall Reason.

2) On the installation/setup file for Reason, in explorer, right click and chooser run as administrator.

3) When installed, Locate the shortcut for Reason, right click and select properties. In the compatability tab check the run as administrator.

I hope this works - Reason is fantastic alright.

I can't seem to figure this out, I've tried their support forum, tried google. Tried reinstalling,

It always gives me a "Erorr: Failed to Open file". Some people say go into the registry, and change a .smp key. Well I don't even have that key.

Hello,

Which OS you using?

I know there are some problems with Vista unless you install as administrator.
Apparently installation cannot write to the registry correctly.

I ran, and am running Reason 3.0 on Vista 32 and 64, respectively.

Try this:

1) Uninstall Reason.

2) On the installation/setup file for Reason, in explorer, right click and chooser run as administrator.

3) When installed, Locate the shortcut for Reason, right click and select properties. In the compatability tab check the run as administrator.

I hope this works - Reason is fantastic alright.

Will do when I am home! Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: I'm running XP, and I do not see "Run as administrator"

Back