Rear I/O gap on Lian Li PC-V355

Josephson_Junction

Weaksauce
I'm dealing with a case that has about a 0.7mm gap between the rear I/O components and the I/O shield. The problem is that cords with large bases cannot be fully inserted into their respective ports (e.g. DP, several USB cables I've tried, and several 1394 cables as well). They do make a connection, but not a very secure one. I've checked, and both the motherboard and shield seem to be properly installed.

Photos.

With my own PC-V353, the rear I/O is nearly flush with the shield and I have no issues plugging in cables. Is this a case of PEBKAC or is the case flawed? If the problem lies with the case, would an RMA be worth the trouble?

The motherboard used in both builds is the Intel DQ77MK.

Could be wrong, but with the picture supplied it seems to me the holes for securing the MB to the case are not properly lined up.

Could be wrong, but with the picture supplied it seems to me the holes for securing the MB to the case are not properly lined up.

Note the lack of a "keep out" area around that hole. I'm not sure why that hole in particular is there, but it seems that a screw isn't meant to go into it; if I did put a screw there, it would crush some of the small electronics right next to that first I/O connector stack (I think those are small capacitors?) as well as interfere with the actual standoff next to it. There's another hole just like it at the opposite edge of the board next to the SATA ports.

I'm 100% certain that the board is aligned correctly.

Back