Reappearing folder.

u8myrice

2[H]4U
So I deleted a folder full of my grandpa's crap that he doesn't need anymore. The folder is named "Grandpa".

The problem is that the folder keeps on reappearing. This is pissing me off. I don't know why it keeps on doing that. Everytime I delete it, it keeps on coming back.

Are there any fixes to this? Thanks!

Are there any processes, like a batch file or something that are re-creating it? How about an application that's using it as it's default save location?

I tried ending processes that I don't need then deleting it. It still reappears, even after being deleted in safe mode. I dont have any batch file that is running. At least not that I know of. I also downloaded and installed File Shredder but it doesn't work.

Any other way I can permanently delete this empty folder?

How about my second question. I used to have a CD ripping app that would always look for my D:\Music folder. If I deleted the folder, and reran the app, it would recreate the folder.

u8myrice said:
Any other way I can permanently delete this empty folder?

Try running sysinternals filemon program in logging mode to see what process is creating it.

djnes said:
How about my second question. I used to have a CD ripping app that would always look for my D:\Music folder. If I deleted the folder, and reran the app, it would recreate the folder.

I created this folder to store the music I ripped from his CDs for him. I uninstalled the program a while ago and deleted the folder in the Program Files directory. Might this be the reason it's reappearing?

Try running sysinternals filemon program in logging mode to see what process is creating it.

How do I do this?

u8myrice said:
I created this folder to store the music I ripped from his CDs for him. I uninstalled the program a while ago and deleted the folder in the Program Files directory. Might this be the reason it's reappearing?

How do I do this?

I wonder if it is still in the registry. If you are confident enough to surf the registry, try that and see if it works.

Back