Realtek HD Audio Manager

pigeons

n00b
on my Dell XPS 7100 everything has worked fine since having the PC from new and for some reason as of a few days ago my 'Living Room' setting selected in Speakers Properties/Enhancements/Setting/Living Room no longer works unless I increase the volume to maximum and even then it's only about 25%. The other settings such as Room etc work OK and with no need to increase the volume, but they all have an annoying echo which Living Room does not.
In Enhancements I have Environment and Headphone Virtualisation selected.

I have downloaded the latest Realtek driver from Dell and followed the reinstall directrions but this has not cured the problem.

Hope someone can suggest a fix other than a re-install of the OS.

Happy New Year

I did. They took control of my PC and said the hardware is all working OK and the Realtek is a software problem and I have to contact them. Which I have done a few days ago but have not received any reply.

Remove the application then reboot and allow Windows to install it's own driver. Then reinstall the latest Realtek.

That was how the Dell instructions said to do it bigdogchris and which I did twice but to no avail.

Yes Lepard. After installing the Dell driver without any improvement, I downloaded and installed the driver from the Realtek web site, but again I still have the problem.

Do you have some kind of headset or microphone or program that is triggering the setting that when windows senses communications it reduces volume?

Well [F8], your correct. The issue is brought about by the headset and I will borrow another one to see if it is still the same with another make.

YOUR WRONG bigdogchris:

I was not using a headset all along as the sound was a problem with or without the headset, but the problem I now know was brought about by my headset.

After what [F8] wrote I firstly tried my sons headset and the problem was resolved. I then used my own headset and the issue was back again with or without it. So I borrowed a friends just to double check and all was well again until I used my own.

Back