Realspace Pro 9000 Office Chair

I have one but the model without the headrest. It's not as solid as the aeron I used at work but I got it off craigslist for $100 so I can't complain.

Search Ergohuman here on hardforum, there's a few thread discussing chairs.

Yeah those Aerons are nice. Reason why I am looking at the Realspace chair is because I have $400 in office depot gift cards. They also have a Ergohuman (without headrest) for 580ish (after taxes+coupon). I could go for the Ergo, but then I'm also paying an extra $150+ on top of the gift cards. I know the chair is probably worth it for my health, but money is kinda tight. Ugh decisions....

Save your money and get this one, and you wont buy another chair for 10-15 years

http://www.officedesigns.com/product-exec/product_id/1051/pn/Aeron_Chair

I purchased 3 of these in 2000, and still use them today, all are in great shape, and very comfy.

I purchased a Steelcase Leap around 2005. Still in great shape and it looks like it'll last another 20 years. Buy quality and you won't be buying very often.

For the OP, I would try to see if someone would trade a laptop or some items from Office Depot that you would be able to pay for with the credits for a used Aeron or Steelcase leap chair.

Yeah seems the major gripe is having no lumbar support. Do you find that a issue?

I haven't really noticed missing the lumbar part. The seat pan has more stretch/give than an aeron, which translates into more sag in the middle which can be uncomfortable when sitting in long stretches. I do miss a head rest, as my previous chair had one.

A good chair is definitely worth the investment, however it might not be drastically more comfortable from your present, but less fatigue when sitting for long stretches.

Addendum: The seat mesh material used on the Realspace is much more rubbery friction feel as opposed to the slick mesh on an aeron. It makes trying to shift your weight around to get comfortable more difficult.

Last edited:
Back