Realspace Magellan L-Shaped Desk and Hutch $36 (Reg $380) + $25 Shipping @OfficeDepo

Lmao.. I just got my bing cashback email and they gave me $15.40 for combo set. I paid $39.14 after tax in the store, so my final cost after bing cashback is $23.74 !!!!!! crazy. :eek:

bingcashback.png

damn, this is one hell of a deal. If I had space for another desk I would of jumped on this. Those are nice looking units

The OD store I selected for pickup called me a couple hours after I ordered to let me know that "because they are on sale, they're not allowing online orders". They had them in stock "first come, first served", but they would not honour the web discounts.

I said forget it.

Dear Customer:

Thank you for your recent order. While we appreciate your business, we regret that we must cancel your order for the Magellan Desk and Hutch because it contained an expired coupon. Unfortunately, a coupon was circulated in third party “chat rooms” incorrectly advising customers that the coupon could be applied to purchases after the coupon expiration date, contrary to Office Depot’s published and intended use of the coupon. If you have any questions, please refer to the "About our Prices" section of our Terms of Use wherein we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason.

Please be advised that the authorization or “hold” on your credit card will be released and the funds will be made available to you in accordance with your financial institution's guidelines.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused as a result of misinformation posted by other websites without permission from Office Depot. While we cannot allow the expired coupon and sale pricing to be combined, we would like to offer you the opportunity to order the bundle with an additional $20 discount off of last week’s sale price for a total price to you of $179.99. If you would like to re-order the items, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-GO-Depot and we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

Office Depot, Inc.

6600 North Military Trail

Boca Raton, FL 33496

T + 800.363.3768

www.officedepot.com

[email protected]

Well that's that.

Dear Customer:
Thank you for your recent order. While we appreciate your business, we regret that we must cancel your order for the Magellan Desk and Hutch because it contained an expired coupon. Unfortunately, a coupon was circulated in third party “chat rooms” incorrectly advising customers that the coupon could be applied to purchases after the coupon expiration date, contrary to Office Depot’s published and intended use of the coupon. If you have any questions, please refer to the "About our Prices" section of our Terms of Use wherein we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason.

Please be advised that the authorization or “hold” on your credit card will be released and the funds will be made available to you in accordance with your financial institution's guidelines.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused as a result of misinformation posted by other websites without permission from Office Depot. While we cannot allow the expired coupon and sale pricing to be combined, we would like to offer you the opportunity to order the bundle with an additional $20 discount off of last week’s sale price for a total price to you of $179.99. If you would like to re-order the items, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-GO-Depot and we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Office Depot, Inc.
6600 North Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33496
T + 800.363.3768
www.officedepot.com
[email protected]

Well that's that.

wow... I'm really glad I did store pickup. :D

Lol, I picked up the desk this afternoon, brought it home, and unpacked it... Checked my e-mail around 7:30 PM and saw the cancellation e-mail in my junk mail folder.

I called the 800 # to try and figure out what I need to do and they said I needed to call back tomorrow after 8 AM... How does this work lol?

What about all the folks that did the pick-up, took them home, and assembled them? We'll see what happens tomorrow when I call after 8 AM.

Lol, I picked up the desk this afternoon, brought it home, and unpacked it... Checked my e-mail around 7:30 PM and saw the cancellation e-mail in my junk mail folder.

I called the 800 # to try and figure out what I need to do and they said I needed to call back tomorrow after 8 AM... How does this work lol?

What about all the folks that did the pick-up, took them home, and assembled them? We'll see what happens tomorrow when I call after 8 AM.

I'd say if you want to keep the desk, there probably isn't a whole hell of a lot they can do about it. Considering they sold it and turned over possession of it to you....if they want to renegotiate the deal...it's kinda too late.

If they return your money, as long as you have a receipt showing purchase..they are just screwing up yet again.

Unless there are some special laws in your state, it's pretty much once a sale takes place and it's in good faith (IE they didn't hand you a box filled with bricks and you didn't give them monopoly money)..it's done. If they want to run confusing coupon codes and what not, the only responsibility you have is that you can be reasonably sure it's not stolen property and the contents of the box are correct.

Uh, I just got another email saying my order has shipped out?

Seems there might be hope after all!

Uh, I just got another email saying my order has shipped out?

Seems there might be hope after all!

I got a shipping notice too. I'm hoping it comes through. Looks like a nice desk, and I know my dad could really use it. Maybe the system just got overwhelmed with orders (thanks to SD as usual) and they just didn't have enough to fulfill them all, but are fulfilling the ones that went through when they still had enough inventory. Or maybe not. I seriously doubt someone really hacked their system. I know Best Buy puts some deep discounts on clearance stuff. I bought a cable once for $0.00. That's right. It was some weird kind of HDMI cable that went deep end of life. Rang up at the register for $0.00. I had a good chuckle. I also bought a cordless phone there once for a dollar. It was just deep, deep clearance. Maybe Office Depot is different, but at Best Buy, if a store has product too long, way past its life cycle, the store actually starts getting charged hefty fees. Vendors get testy and such. That's why sometimes a below cost vending of a really old item is benefiting both the customer AND the store. That's why a discount like this makes sense to me, at least.

Edit: Just tracked my order and it has a delivery date of tomorrow. Perhaps it depends on your local store and if they want to honor the promo or not ... regardless, I hope some more of you get your desks.

I got a shipping notice too. I'm hoping it comes through. Looks like a nice desk, and I know my dad could really use it. Maybe the system just got overwhelmed with orders (thanks to SD as usual) and they just didn't have enough to fulfill them all, but are fulfilling the ones that went through when they still had enough inventory. Or maybe not. I seriously doubt someone really hacked their system. I know Best Buy puts some deep discounts on clearance stuff. I bought a cable once for $0.00. That's right. It was some weird kind of HDMI cable that went deep end of life. Rang up at the register for $0.00. I had a good chuckle. I also bought a cordless phone there once for a dollar. It was just deep, deep clearance. Maybe Office Depot is different, but at Best Buy, if a store has product too long, way past its life cycle, the store actually starts getting charged hefty fees. Vendors get testy and such. That's why sometimes a below cost vending of a really old item is benefiting both the customer AND the store. That's why a discount like this makes sense to me, at least.

Edit: Just tracked my order and it has a delivery date of tomorrow. Perhaps it depends on your local store and if they want to honor the promo or not ... regardless, I hope some more of you get your desks.

Your best bet is to pick it up later in the evening after the store manager leaves for the day and Corp. Offices are closed if they want to call it in.

i didnt get this. :/ what time did you place your order on sunday night?

Around 12:30 am EDT.

I got the "Ship Confirm" order 3 hours after getting the cancellation email. A few people on SD have received cancellation emails on orders they've already picked up in store and one guy says that he had two desks delivered to him today and he got the cancellation email as well.

The cancellation email is obviously a mass email that's probably being automatically sent to anyone who placed an order and it's possible some of the orders slipped through before they caught the mistake. It seems that getting the cancellation email isn't a death sentence after all so I'm going to hold out a little hope.

I've had this cheapo Wal-Mart desk for around 7 years now and it's seen better days, I'd really love to retire it.

ok i purchased mine a few hours later at 11:30PST. had to wait for the gf to get here to ask permission. (pussy whipped i know.) maybe i got in too late, cuz i still havent gotten a shipping confirmation. only the cancellation. :/

I got a delivery notification that marks my order "Delivered - Short Shipped" with no other info as to a date of delivery. Anyone have any idea what this means?

Well - here's another update... I called that 1800-GO-DEPOT number or whatever that was in my cancellation e-mail to talk to someone about what to do. At first they said they couldn't help me and I needed to talk to a supervisor. After being on hold a while a non-offshore person picked up and told me Office Depot has put a freeze on all order processing for this... She also told me that their corporate correspondence told them that for all the individuals that actually received the desk the plan was to charge full retail instead of the $38.00. When I asked her what I needed to do to correct it she then told me to call my local store. That was all she was willing/capable of doing.

If they do that I think I'll have no choice but to contact consumer support agencies... This is getting ridiculous.

Well - here's another update... I called that 1800-GO-DEPOT number or whatever that was in my cancellation e-mail to talk to someone about what to do. At first they said they couldn't help me and I needed to talk to a supervisor. After being on hold a while a non-offshore person picked up and told me Office Depot has put a freeze on all order processing for this... She also told me that their corporate correspondence told them that for all the individuals that actually received the desk the plan was to charge full retail instead of the $38.00. When I asked her what I needed to do to correct it she then told me to call my local store. That was all she was willing/capable of doing.

If they do that I think I'll have no choice but to contact consumer support agencies... This is getting ridiculous.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Good luck with THAT - you paid for the product, you received the product. If they do, just contact your credit card company. They can't go changing the terms of the sale after the sale is complete. OD is screwed.

Reminds me of a buddy who was re roofing his house. They delivered the wrong, much more expensive, shingles. When the vendor showed up six hours later to get the shingles, he was already half way done with the roof - he said they could have them if they removed them and put the right ones on. They responded "Have a nice day" and left - not his fault that THEY screwed up.

Yeah, sale should be completed. OD shouldn't be able to charge more than the price upon which was already agreed.

You'll be better off if you just ignore them until they do something besides huff and puff. Because if you willing do anything you're kind of admitting guilt. If you just say "Well I thought the sale was complete, I just called to help clear up matters and let them know I got the desk." And if they want to huff and puff beyond that, well that's their choice and not your problem. When they decide to charge you more or seek something further against you...then you can address it. IE, if you act guilty, they will assume you're guilty or at least think you are.

I mean they got your money, you got your product. And really if the receipt says there is some kind of implied warranty, they might try to balk on that if something is wrong with it but if it's on the receipt..just never give up the receipt. And if they refuse to return it once it's scanned or whatever for repair/exchange/replacement, call the cops since it's your proof of purchase so it's your proof of ownership as well.

Bottom line is: It's not your responsibility to correct mistakes they made. Retailers try to weasel out of everything, then call foul when they screw up....it's a pretty bullshit setup.

I placed my order online with a CC for in-store pickup. I got the order confirmation email, but not the pickup email. As of yet, I still haven't received any cancellation email, though my order shows a status of "Deleted - PF".

I'm not too upset as I didn't really need a new desk, this just seemed like too good a deal to pass up.

I placed my order online with a CC for in-store pickup. I got the order confirmation email, but not the pickup email. As of yet, I still haven't received any cancellation email, though my order shows a status of "Deleted - PF".

I'm not too upset as I didn't really need a new desk, this just seemed like too good a deal to pass up.

Don't wait for the pickup email. Especially if the store you choose for store pickup had both in stock. I placed my order around 5:30am and I picked it up without a pickup confirmation email around 3pm the same day.

Read my post on page 2. Bring your order confirmation email, credit card purchased with and ID. Oddly it seemed like they were expecting me when I got there because many of them already knew my name and order.

Well, the desks were supposed to be delivered today. They weren't. Still saying "shipped" for status, and now the delivery date is sometime tomorrow. I wonder if they called the shipping/delivery service and told them to hold it while they try to weasel me out of more money. This is real BS. People sell stuff below cost every once in a while. Doorbusters, inventory refreshes, avoiding at-risk/EOL fines, etc. Man up and take responsibility for the screw-up, if that's what it is.

got a shiped status then they claimed to deliver it then they admitted it was short shipped adn that the coupon was hack etc etc they had deleted the order without even letting me know i had to call them to find out.

typical to bad i didnt have one in town coulda picked it up the day of order sounds like those r the only peopel who got lucky.

Man I'm going desk shopping tomorrow! Too bad I didn't see this in time :( Oh well sounds like in typical big business fashion they shipped out a handful then screwed everyone else over blaming it on some puzzling misprint/hack or whatever.

Wow, I'm pissed now.

The site said I would be getting my desk Wednesday but it never came so I figured the order was canceled as the first email said. I checked my bank account yesterday and the hold on my card had been removed so I figured that was that and spent more money on other things. Then today the charge reappears out of nowhere, sending me into overdraft, and I don't have a desk to show for it.

Awesome.

Wow, I'm pissed now.

The site said I would be getting my desk Wednesday but it never came so I figured the order was canceled as the first email said. I checked my bank account yesterday and the hold on my card had been removed so I figured that was that and spent more money on other things. Then today the charge reappears out of nowhere, sending me into overdraft, and I don't have a desk to show for it.

Awesome.

Wow, If I were you I'd be raising holy hell with OD and your bank. You have an email saying they CANCELED the order, then it appears that they did. So you should be able to hammer them but good.

Wow, I'm pissed now.

Awesome.

If the card was ran as Credit just simply call your bank & advise them that you wish to dispute the charge as the order was cancelled before the final charge was placed on your account. Upon doing so they should automatically be adjusting any fee's accessed with the charge.. If they don't then fight them tooth & nail about it as they are required to due so per consumer protection laws. & then find a better bank when it all gets straightened out. I Ran into similar with Bank of America a few years ago & Eventually they refunded everything, but I wasn't happy about it until I changed banks & haven't had an issue since.

Yeah, I called both OD and my bank earlier this morning and it seems everything is going to be taken care of so far. OD said they'd refund the money and the bank said once the money is refunded the overdraft charge incurred by it will disappear as well.

It just annoys me that I had to deal with it at all. They canceled my order on Monday and then charge me for it on Thursday?

Yeah, I called both OD and my bank earlier this morning and it seems everything is going to be taken care of so far. OD said they'd refund the money and the bank said once the money is refunded the overdraft charge incurred by it will disappear as well.

It just annoys me that I had to deal with it at all. They canceled my order on Monday and then charge me for it on Thursday?

Office Depot really sucks. But I am going to contact them via phone and follow up anyways. The guy on chat support said I could re-place the order by phone and they would honor the same price for me on the same items. We'll see. I'll let y'all know how it goes down.

Edit: Credit card charged by the way. No hold, just a normal charge from OD.

I actually got a call from the delivery company who told me my shit was being delivered the next day between 7:30 and 10 So I arrange to work from home for the delivery and the delivery company calls me at 9:30 to tell me it will not be delivered WTF.

Back