Realspace Magellan L-Shaped Desk and Hutch $36 (Reg $380) + $25 Shipping @OfficeDepo

/337

Limp Gawd
Passing this along from slickdeals, smoking hot, I ordered 2.
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2059566

Huge Price Drop ~ Realspace Magellan L-Shaped Desk and Hutch (Espresso, Classic Cherry or Honey Maple Finish) ~ $36 (Reg $380) + $25 Shipping @ OfficeDepot.com
The online delivery price of the Magellan L-shaped desks are now $149.99 (regularly $249.99) and the coordinating hutches are $69.99 (regularly $129.99) reflecting the advertised sale prices for the week of June 6–12. Add a desk with a matching hutch to your cart and apply the corresponding coupon code below to save $179.99 on the combo. Then apply coupon code "20974930" to save another 10% for a net cost of $35.99 plus applicable sales tax. A $24.99 delivery fee may apply. (Choosing free in-store pickup causes the desk and hutch to return to regular price.)

It is unclear when the combo coupons expire, but it could be as early as tomorrow morning (around 6:00 am EDT), so you may want to act switftly to take advantage of the deal before it dies.

Don't forget Bing CB. (Yes, it will work even with the coupons.)

$36 for both, you may or may not have free shipping, it depends on location.
My order for 2...

Subtotal: $439.96
Tax: 8.00
Furniture Delivery Fee: 24.99
Misc.: ($367.98)

Total: $104.97

Nice hopefully it does go on longer than 6. An Office Depot is in my town...or is it Office Max? Damn... I'll probably be ordering a desk later on Sunday (today).

Just not sure if the desk is big enough for Eyefinity with 3, 22" monitors...?

EDIT: Looking at the pictures, I maybe/maybe not will get it. i don't like the location of the keyboard tray. Would've been great if it was on the right rather than the left. :(

Doesn't seem to be working when I try..the coupons won't stack for one..and the price is nowhere near the 40ish + shipping price they are quoting at slickdeals.

Worked fine for me just now, free shipping and all.

Doubt I'll actually get it for $38, but it's certainly worth a shot. Here's hoping.

Last edited:
Yeah, I ordered one of each color. I could use a nice desk, and so could my dad!! Hope it goes through, but Office Depot cancels "hot deals" all the time. One time they called me to cancel an order I placed on a Sandisk MP3 player they had on sale for $20 shipped. I asked them if they could just send me a different color, like the black one. They said they only had pink, but that they would honor that price for me on the pink one.

Some of the comments and strange looks I got in college for recording lectures with a pink MP3 player were quite humorous ...

THANKS, Office Depot.

Hmm. Wouldn't let me do in-store pickup.
I got the black combo for $65 shipped. Not bad if they actually follow through.

looks like you cant do in-store pickup or it changes the price up to full. can anyone confirm this? it might just be that at my local store they dont have that price, or it could be that this is an online-only special.

EDIT: seattle doesnt get free shipping. :/

Last edited:
Holy cow! I did not need a desk, but my order total came to $38.51 shipped for the espresso!

Subtotal: $219.98
Furniture Delivery Fee: FREE
Coupon(s): ($183.99)
Taxes: $2.52
Total: $38.51

I bit too for 38.96 total. I also donated 5% of my order total to a local school. I am having issues logging into bing so I didnt add the 7% cash back. Shit I didnt even need a desk but for 40 bucks you can't go wrong. Seems to be a 2 day delivery too. I can update on Tuesday if I get it in.

You might be able to use 3 large monitors if you dont use the hutch, or place the middle monitor in the crack and have the other 2 slightly bent (not sure if side monitors are slightly bent forward for more peripheral vision in typical eyefinity setups).

Last edited:
Yeah I did not need a desk either. I am not even going to tell the wife until after is is delivered.

Wife: What is that?
Me: A desk. I got a great deal on it. It was only 38 dollars, regular price was $380.
Wife: But we have a nice desk
Me: I know, but this one was $38
Wife: But we have a desk.....

Great deal, out of stock on one or the other piece for each set now though.

Super-hot deal - thanks OP... I had no trouble getting the expresso desk and hutch with free delivery to a local store.

Now I need to figure out how to get it from the store to the house lol!

Last edited:
I did in store pickup. Still came out to $38 after taxes. Had to be in stock, so I couldn't select my first choice (cherry). We'll see if I can grab it today.

Thanks

I am getting OOS on 1 or the other items in all 3 sets, as well as the Coupon expired on the 5th....reallly would hav liked to "upgrade" my old desk, oh well...:mad:

I did in store pickup. Still came out to $38 after taxes. Had to be in stock, so I couldn't select my first choice (cherry). We'll see if I can grab it today.

Thanks

did in-store payment.. made it a little difficult for them to ring up there. Had all the employees like wtf how'd you get it for that price. I tried to pick up a second as they had three in stock, and my roommate wanted one, but I had to ring it up on the web to get the discounts -- the coupon codes wouldnt work in store. When i tried to ring more up online it said they were OOS.. even though I was staring at two more complete espresso sets.

yeah my local one was oos and i really only wanted espresso. also i dont think cash back worked for me even though i went through the bing link. oh well, even for $70 i cant really complain i guess. i despise my current desk. it looks like shit and it has holes in it and the hutch wraps all the way around so theres no desk space, etc.

it may need some modding though. keybord tray might need to be moved and hutch might need to be opened up a bit. i think im gonna try to fit a 3-screen eyefinity setup on this. :)

I got the desk this afternoon and just finished putting it together. It took me a little over 2 hours to put the desk together, and I haven't started the hutch yet. I am very happy with the desk, and it's pretty decent construction. The veneer is a little cheap though, and there were a few places it had been nicked or scratched straight out of the box. I would be a little disappointed with the desk if I paid full price for it, but for $200 it's a decent desk, and for $40 it's a downright steal. I paid $41 for it out the door because I forgot to add the 10% off coupon. I paid with credit and when I showed up to pick it up, the guy went in back and brought both pieces out and took it straight to my car, no questions or hassles. Also, I'm not sure if the deal is dead yet or not, but I had trouble with the website saying they are out of stock even though several local stores said they had it in stock. I found that if you add something else to your cart first that doesn't give you the out of stock notice (i added the cherry hutch i think, espresso was giving me out of stock along with the cherry desk), then you can go back and add the original pieces you wanted without any errors. I think it's just a glitch in their system or something.

Desk.JPG

Oh yea, and this thing is freaking heavy. The box the desk comes in, says it weighs 151lbs, and I believe it. (hutch is 70ish). I struggled to get the box up the 10 steps to my front door, and when I got it in the house I said screw it, opened it up, and carried the pieces upstairs separately.

I'm thinking of putting the hutch on the right side, but looking at the pictures I think I will need to modify it to allow for my monitors to work. I don't want it on the left as it blocks me in too much. I also skipped the keyboard tray, and I was looking at putting it in the corner, but the way the top piece is designed, it would probably take some doing to get it to work. I'll probably just skip it and keep the keyboard on top.

I really wish the nearest Office Depot wasn't 100 miles away. I have a feeling we'll never see any of these shipped, I imagine the only real shot was getting one with in store pickup and even that was sketchy. Tons of people over on SD said even after placing the order on the site and being charged they were shut down by managers who told them the site had been hacked and the coupon code wasn't valid and their only option was to pay the full price or get a refund.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I seriously doubt I'll be getting a nice new desk for $38.

Yea, I was just reading through SD as well, as I was curious if the deal was still good. Guess I was one of the lucky ones for a change. I was actually expecting to get some hassle as it was 3pm when I went to pick it up but I walked in and talked to a manager in training, mentioned i had a order to pickup, asked me if I was Mike and went and got it. Helped me load it into my Jeep too. Didn't even ask to see any paperwork, id or credit card. Kind of glad no one got it by mistake.

i just got this link today. i should be satisfied with what i got, but i know i would have made some room for this bad boy...

congrats to all who got it. i will be satisfied with the L shaped desk that i have...:(

so have people who ordered online been getting cancellation emails? i havent gotten one on mine yet...

no cancellation email here.
Order status still says processing too.

Don't suppose anyone got an extra they'd be willing to ship? If you can PM me a quote on the shipping and what you want for the desk, I'd appreciate it.

From a poster on SD:

Just called CSR and got recorded phonecall of CSR manager telling me their website was hacked and a fraudulant coupon was posted (even though she admitted it worked and is now "expired"). Will follow up with corporate CSR and BBB to see what their thoughts are.

FYI, I was told numerous times that everyone who ordered already is going to be investigated for using the coupon. (What bullsh!t!!) So contacting OD corporate and/or BBB is actually in our interest for once as opposed to the normal "no call" rule. We shouldn't be punished, let alone investigated!, for a coupon that OD posted on their own site. Isn't that sort of entrapment (posting a VALID coupon, then investigating everyone who uses it)??

Jeez.

This whole "our website was hacked" thing is total BS as far as I'm concerned. If someone went through the trouble of hacking OD's site their first and only order of business wouldn't be a coupon code for a desk/hutch combo.

This whole "our website was hacked" thing is total BS as far as I'm concerned. If someone went through the trouble of hacking OD's site their first and only order of business wouldn't be a coupon code for a desk/hutch combo.

lol! but srsly, truer words were never spoken.

My order is still processing, but from what happened today with instore pickups I doubt any of the shipping orders will go through.

From a poster on SD:

Just called CSR and got recorded phonecall of CSR manager telling me their website was hacked and a fraudulant coupon was posted (even though she admitted it worked and is now "expired"). Will follow up with corporate CSR and BBB to see what their thoughts are.

FYI, I was told numerous times that everyone who ordered already is going to be investigated for using the coupon. (What bullsh!t!!) So contacting OD corporate and/or BBB is actually in our interest for once as opposed to the normal "no call" rule. We shouldn't be punished, let alone investigated!, for a coupon that OD posted on their own site. Isn't that sort of entrapment (posting a VALID coupon, then investigating everyone who uses it)??

Jeez.

But it sounds more ominous, the big bad hacker got them. And it takes the blame off their shoulders....plus if they post bad numbers they can claim the big bad hackers caused it.

I mean we really can't be certain the coupon code only worked on desks for everyone...it might have been something they enabled for big corporate spenders to get a straight 50 off the overpriced stuff they normally ordered. And whoever activated it used an old coupon code or screwed something up.

Either way, good luck to them investigating the probably 1-2 thousand people who got desks from this. I mean if they can't even cancel outstanding orders by this point, I'd say going through that many people is gonna take quite a bit of effort.

Picked up my espresso black desk and hutch yesterday. I wish i could of taken a picture of the manager faces because it was priceless.

I walked in around 3pm and gave a guy my email printout. 15mins later there was about 4-5 employees including two managers looking over the papers with faces completely confused. The manager walked over to me and said "Hi, there might be a problem here. I'm trying to figure out why your only paying $39.14? What is this $188 credit on the paper?" I simply replied with "That's the coupon I applied at home when i purchased this desk online." Then the manager said "I'll have to call this in first and make sure this is right."

<another 15mins past, let me remind you it's a sunday and the main office is probably closed, lol>
I saw them looking over the paperwork from three different computers and finally they gave in. I signed a paper, another guy came to help me fit it in the car and i was asked one last question, "where did you find that coupon from?"

No joke, the desk and hutch was incredibly heavy! Glad to say i walked away with both for a total $36.40 after bing cashback.
The total without any coupons nor discounts, +tax would had been $411 here in California, I would say Hot Deal. Thanks OP.

YAY! They're out of stock.

Damn you bastards that buy shit you don't need! I actually NEED a desk. :(

Damm i missed this deal looked like a good one but i still paid 144shipped used the 10% coupon on it.Needed a new desk anyways that i can use for nvidia surround and this one fit the bill.

Looks like they will cancel all of the shipped orders. I got a phone call stating that the order was canceled due to an error with the coupon. I could probably call and complain but I don't really care one way or the other.

I just picked mine up from the store - no questions asked... Worked perfectly...

What an unbelievable deal...

I bought 5 of them for every bedroom in my house. Took me all day to set them up but they look AWESOME.

i ordered online, for a total of $66.77 since i had to pay shipping. i have an invoice in my email that confirms that. so far, i havent gotten a cancellation email or phone call.

heres the interesting part: i just got a $15.40 bing cash back notification email. that means i got 23% cash back. whaaaaa? what actually happened is they charged me $150+$70 for $220, and i got 7% cash back on that. but my invoice definitely says $66.77 total. guess i just need to wait it out and see what happens... did anyone else get this weird cash back email?

Back