Really EA? I'd pay a million to punch you all in your Origin loving faces right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdk30

[H]ard|Gawd
I swear to good GOD EA's Origin is easily the worst piece of shit software I've ever come across in my life. You're going to put the fucking BF3 server browser outside of the game in a god forsaken internet browser? REALLY!?! WTF are you fucking thinking R-TARDS?!

The #1 reason I'm drunkenly posting about such shit? Well, try having multiple Origin accounts on the same PC and then try playing BF3... OH, what's that? You already downloaded the ENTIRE FUCKING 12 GB game on one account and now you have to download the WHOLE FUCKING THING again simply because your friend tries to play on the same machine on his account?!? Welcome to Origin BITCH! Jeebus Jones Almighty do you EA fucksticks deserve to be castrated, bound, gagged, and promptly penetratively docked!

How is this Origin's fault? If this game was on Steam or any other digital software distributor, Battlenet would still exist in an internet browser.

You should be angry at Dice for Battlenet, it is their creation.

You can blame EA and Origin for having to download it multiple times on different accounts though, that is just dumb :p

I don't know who to blame. All I know is that I want to punch throats and faces for stupidity beyond measure right now.

I actually perfer it this way, so the game can load in the background and i can continue to browse and do other things while i wait instead of looking at a loading bar.

So, you finally decided to come out from under your rock, eh? Welcome to a couple of months ago.

My biggest issue with Origin is that it takes 2-5 or more minutes to 'load'... I just never close it once it's loaded. This seems to be a not uncommon issue according to the EA forums but there's been no response from EA... Some poor guy said it took 1.5 hours to load once. He literally forgot about it until it popped up 1.5 hours later.

This has to be one of the greatest OP's in [H]ardForum history, my hat's off for you to being so passionately eloquent in your raging, sir.

In fact, I used the Rate Thread feature and gave it
rating_5.gif

I think this needs to be reposted on the official battlefield 3 forums, i've never seen such an awesome rant before :D

Click Rate Thread in the upper right of the OP and give it 5 stars if you feel that way!

This has to be one of the greatest OP's in [H]ardForum history, my hat's off for you to being so passionately eloquent in your raging, sir.

rating_5.gif

Spank you very much. :D

Slightly off-topic? I caved and bought Dead Space 2 the other day. Waited half a day for it to download(on my 20Mb connection no less) and then at about 70% it locked up. When I logged out and logged back in it made me start all over again. Seriously EA You've had years to improve your download service. Get it together please.

rating_5.gif

There's rate feature??? Oh this shit just joined racoon city police. what squad you ask? Staaaaaaaaaarrrss.

they want bf3 to be like facebook. the major downside i can foresee having the server browser outside of the game is it's just begging to be ddosed.

It one of those seldom utilized features. Nobody really looks at the thread rating on this site anyway.

You wanna see frustration? I had to reset my Origin password, and the servers responsible for handling password changes are down.

No login for me until EA gets their account servers back up :(

You wanna see frustration? I had to reset my Origin password, and the servers responsible for handling password changes are down.

No login for me until EA gets their account servers back up :(

damn man. sorry to hear that. unfair shit.

I have Steam, I like Steam, I know how steam works and it works well. Origin is unproven and until I play all of my Steam games I won't get Origin (aka never).

I only came into this thread because of the stars.

Wicked.

lmao @ that blog/press release/interview or whatever, I seem to remember some shmuck from EA that was trying to tell us how fast this would be, who has a link for this? now all I see is long ass loading times and shit taking forever to happen, re-downloading 12gb of game data just to swap accounts makes this all the more laughable, GG origin well played.

I actually perfer it this way, so the game can load in the background and i can continue to browse and do other things while i wait instead of looking at a loading bar.

um, steam downloads in the background...... and you can still use your browser and other steam options.

um, steam downloads in the background...... and you can still use your browser and other steam options.

that's not what he meant. the games loads in the background with Origin, not with steam.

both steam and origin can download in the background obviously, lol

I swear to good GOD EA's Origin is easily the worst piece of shit software I've ever come across in my life. You're going to put the fucking BF3 server browser outside of the game in a god forsaken internet browser? REALLY!?! WTF are you fucking thinking R-TARDS?!

The #1 reason I'm drunkenly posting about such shit? Well, try having multiple Origin accounts on the same PC and then try playing BF3... OH, what's that? You already downloaded the ENTIRE FUCKING 12 GB game on one account and now you have to download the WHOLE FUCKING THING again simply because your friend tries to play on the same machine on his account?!? Welcome to Origin BITCH! Jeebus Jones Almighty do you EA fucksticks deserve to be castrated, bound, gagged, and promptly penetratively docked!

Sounds like someone didn't read the EULA, user error.

Slightly off-topic? I caved and bought Dead Space 2 the other day. Waited half a day for it to download(on my 20Mb connection no less) and then at about 70% it locked up. When I logged out and logged back in it made me start all over again. Seriously EA You've had years to improve your download service. Get it together please.

There's rate feature??? Oh this shit just joined racoon city police. what squad you ask? Staaaaaaaaaarrrss.

No EA has not had years to do it because EA does not handle distribution on Origin. It is all run through DigitalRiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back