Real Media Video Editing

gaer42

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a program that will allow me to convert avi, and mpg into real media... I want to do that because I know major editing programs do not support a direct conversion from real media to editable format.

Does anyone know where I can get such a program.?

gaer42 said:
Will it return to full quality?
Nope, but thats not just with realmedia, thats with any compression. Any time you compress something, data is lost. When it is recompressed, the noise from the previous compression is treated as data, and even more data is lost. This is true to any lossy compression format. If a realmedia file seems to recompress worse, it's only becasue the picture sucked to begin with. Pretty much all distributed formats are lossy, becasue lossless doesn't get small enough. What I'm saying, is that the only way in which realmedia is unique, is that it requires that reaplayer be installed on the viewer's computer. You could use almost any format, and the effect would be the same. May as well use a Microsoft format that most PC can already play, or an open format that any OS can support with the proper software.

Back