Ready or Not (SWAT style tactical shooter)

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Think there was a thread on this in the past but the developers just put up a gameplay trailer which is better than looking at screen shots.

Essentially, SWAT 3/4 style game single player with AI commands or co-op. Missions are slightly randomized for enemy locations, behaviors and whatnot. Emphasis on arresting like SWAT games. General SWAT/old R6 style gameplay, door breaching, arresting, lethal enemies and whatnot. Mod support including what looks like Steam Workshop.

Release Q4 2020.

I dont see what this brings over siege and no destructible walls?

I dont see what this brings over siege and no destructible walls?

That is like comparing Witcher 3 to WoW, entirely different type of games.

Ready or Not is a SWAT/R6 style game. Siege is an action game, CS mixed with TF2 and has nothing in common with R6 aside from the name. Siege doesn't even have SP.

That is like comparing Witcher 3 to WoW, entirely different type of games.

Ready or Not is a SWAT/R6 style game. Siege is an action game, CS mixed with TF2 and has nothing in common with R6 aside from the name. Siege doesn't even have SP.
they look the same though, both swat inspired. most of the stuff in that video is what you do in siege. siege has some single player stuff but not much.

they look the same though, both swat inspired. most of the stuff in that video is what you do in siege. siege has some single player stuff but not much.

Not really but to be fair, the video is hardly a "gameplay trailer". I only fully watched it after posting. Once they post some more gameplay it will be fairly apparent how different they are. Siege is pretty much CS mixed with the TF2 style look & art style. It is nothing like the tactical shooters like SWAT 3/4, R6-Raven Shield, Original Ghost Recon or even GRAW 1/2 PC. Again, Witcher to WoW. Both RPGs of some type, both fantasy. But the comparisons end there. One if SP based with a strong story, the other is MP only. Realistic vs cartoon graphics and all that. Same situation here.

Some old videos I made some years back. This is the kind of game they're going for:

And to a lesser extend, Rainbow Six (which died with Raven Shield):

Yeah, this game really is not like Siege and it's not trying to be. Looks like a mix of the best parts of both SWAT 4 and the original RB6 games. I'm excited to see what they come up with, that trailer has me cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back