Re-Starting WOW, creating new char is it worth buying BC just for Blood Elf?

thomasward00

Limp Gawd
I'm re-opening my account, starting a new char on new server that has several friends, is it worth buying Burning Crusade just for the Blood Elf Option, I'll be creating a Horde Mage, is the BE that much better than Troll or Undead?

Thanks in advance...

Well to get to 70 you will need BC...and to get to 80 you will need WotLK...if you don't plan on ever getting that far then no don't get BC.

I wouldn't upgrade until you "need" it level wise. You never know, you might not want to go past 60 or never get there. If you are going to level with friends on that server then you really should consider RAF(Recruit a friend) 300% exp rate up to 60. Just google WOW RAF to see the details.

Undead is the best mage horde side. Has the best casting animation. I hate the blood elf cept for Paladin and then it's bleh.

Unless you want to stare at a pretty blood elf female/male while leveling there really is no difference between the races. Blood elf's racial abilities are an AoE silence, +5 resistance, a mana drain, and +15 enchanting. Pretty meh really. Play a race you know and like to 60, then see about getting BC.

I wouldn't upgrade until you "need" it level wise. You never know, you might not want to go past 60 or never get there. If you are going to level with friends on that server then you really should consider RAF(Recruit a friend) 300% exp rate up to 60. Just google WOW RAF to see the details.

Undead is the best mage horde side. Has the best casting animation. I hate the blood elf cept for Paladin and then it's bleh.

RAF is over.

As for BC and Wotlk, just wait off. By the time you hit 60, there should be a battle chest that includes all of them for the price of 1. BC is a joke now. Its hardly worth the money because you can get from 58-68 in under a week due to the faster leveling in outlands that blizzard implemented with WOTLK came out.

Personally with me, when I started I came in halfway through BC and I've found the expansion to be worth it in every way. The extra 10 levels, the ability to create a Death Knight, and just some other cool features available in Northrend, I bought WoTLK.

I'm re-opening my account, starting a new char on new server that has several friends, is it worth buying Burning Crusade just for the Blood Elf Option, I'll be creating a Horde Mage, is the BE that much better than Troll or Undead?

Thanks in advance...

If you're playing WoW, it's worth buying Burning Crusade just for....Burning Crusade.

I stopped playing quite a while ago, but when I was playing I never regretted buying BC (despite my highest level character reaching only 63). I enjoyed the blood elves (particularly the starting quest line) and draenai, and I thought the Outlands were a lot of fun. I think at this point if you actually like WoW, there's no good reason not to buy BC.

Ugh I gave up the crack of all MMORPs ages ago.
Why waste your time and money on a game that never ends and get's very boring.
Play some Xbox live or PS3 games that have multipler if you want that

Imo id buy both expansions, because usually whenever theres a new expansion, people ALWAYS migrate to it and exclusively play it for a long while, and if you want to have maximum people to play with, ya gotta keep up with the jones!

Thanks in advance...

There is not much of a difference in race in WOW. I think that is pretty crappy but that's the way it is. Anyway, it doesn't matter what you pick. If you really want a Blood Elf just for the sake of having a Blood Elf for the looks, than go for it. BC is a decent expansion pack and you will need it for WOTLK if you decide to stick around.

If you don't plan on getting far and don't care about Blood Elves or Draeni, than it's not worth it.

Why would anyone want to be a blood elf?

Uhh because its a good all around race and the ladies asses are fine to look at while raiding? Why would anyone want to be a cow?

Anyway, if you want to know the REAL differences between races other then cosmetics, read through this, determine what and how you wanna play and go from there

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/races/index.html

And yes, for $20 at Wal-Mart, theres no reason not to go pick up BC.

Back