Re-skinning Android

Zurginator

Gawd
Is it possible? Because I want to start.

If not, does anyone know how to skin for dxTop or any other things like that? I have a cool UI idea that would save battery life on OLED/Super AMOLED displays, while *hopefully* looking awesome.

Thanks.

kwiksilver

Weaksauce
Launcher Pro, and Launcher Pro Plus are great launchers and can be skinned to your liking. There are other options out there, but I donated for LPP so I'll stick with it.

Zurginator

Gawd
LP works, problem is I would like to skin literally everything in the OS.

Here is my inspiration source:
design.png

CopyCat

Supreme [H]ardness
It is absolutely possible...but a bit involved.
I don't know how to do it personally but I am sure the developers/programmers out there on Android could help out with where to start.

I would say start at XDA and go from there.

T4rd

Fully [H]
I think "Metamorph" in the app market is what you're looking for. It allows you to theme everything on your phone.. somehow. I couldn't figure it out. But then again, I only glanced at it and uninstalled it. I think you have to build the files/themes on your PC first and then import them with the app to apply them. But it may be a start for you ;).

chart

Oh and you have to be rooted (which I would assume you are if you're asking how to do this).

Edit: Found this whole Metamorph guide for you on XDA's forum.

Zurginator

Gawd
I think "Metamorph" in the app market is what you're looking for. It allows you to theme everything on your phone.. somehow. I couldn't figure it out. But then again, I only glanced at it and uninstalled it. I think you have to build the files/themes on your PC first and then import them with the app to apply them. But it may be a start for you ;).

chart

Oh and you have to be rooted (which I would assume you are if you're asking how to do this).

Edit: Found this whole Metamorph guide for you on XDA's forum.

I love you. <3

Problem: Need NAND unlock. Guess I'll go see if there is such for the Epic.

Zurginator

Gawd
Got it all running... now how the heck do I make a thing for this? I'll google around, but any help will be nice too. :)

Last edited:

CopyCat

Supreme [H]ardness
For Metamorph I have taken already made skins and modified the files within the package....I think its a good place to start.
The Metamorph packages are simply rebranded zip files so they are easy to open up and edit....just look for all the image files :)

Zurginator

Gawd
For Metamorph I have taken already made skins and modified the files within the package....I think its a good place to start.
The Metamorph packages are simply rebranded zip files so they are easy to open up and edit....just look for all the image files :)

I've been googling, but the problem is: I can't find any Metamorph files. :eek:

criccio

Fully Equipped
The guys at XDA are really who you should be asking. Heck, what you're trying to do is probably already done over there.