Re-post,(Roll-Back)... Tell me what you think of the 2nd ever WC Setup.

Vengeance

Weaksauce
Like the title says, the first one got deleted...

This is the second system I've built, and fixing all the mistakes from my first one I think I did a pretty good job...

Here it is...

Nothing special inside right now.

Currently:

AMD 3200+ Venice 2.1 GHz @ 2.8GHz (255*11)
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
1.5GB Kingston Hyper X (2-3-2-6-2T 215MHz @ DDR333)
Sapphire X1950 512MB GDDR3 AGP (Clock 648Mhz, Mem: 1538MHz)
WD 200GB SATA HD
Antec 900

Future Plan:

Intell Q6600
ASUS P5K Delux
4GB Crucial Ballistix 1066(PC8500) DDR2 - Purchased
Nvidia 8800 GTS - 640MB

Pics...

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Oh yeah...

Some one had commented yesterday right before the forums when down, about my plans in getting the Q6600 when the prices drop. I figured I should just do it because the prices will be damn cheap, and it will give me a lot of head room for the future upgrade hold-off.

What do you guys think, should I get the Q6600, or get the 1333MHz E6850 since the P5K Deluxe supports 1333?

I really want a sick over clock, and play intense games.

-V

Nice setup! My only recommendation would be to move the res as it takes most of the attention.

You could stick some 5v or 7v fans on your top 2x120mm, but nice job.
My only recommendation would be to move the res as it takes most of the attention.
I kinda like the res there, assuming it's stabilized :shrug:

i'd move the Res to right behind yer dvd drive, yer blocking the fan =o

doubt it does much there though ^^

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually really wanted to place the res somewhere behind the DVD, but it really wouldn't fit, plus this way makes it a little easier to fill, (All I have to is pop off the top of the case with the 200mm fan.). The res is actually tucked back in to the corner pretty nicely, and it doesn't impede on the 120mm back case fan to bad.

I've got some awesome air flow, air flow in the case. I don't know if you can tell but in all I have 5 - 120mm fans, (4 on the inside 2x120mm Rad.) and a 200mm up top.

I was going to put a couple 120's on the top rad, but I thought it wouldn't look as clean, and I already have the 200mm blowing up at it.

Again thanks for the feed back! Anyone have any opinions on the question about the Q6600 vs E6850?

-V

Not bad! I would probably make the same recommendations as others as far as res placement goes. Also, some fans on the rad is a must imo so you're moving the cooler ambient air over it rather then the exhaust from your case.

From what I've read on the E6850 the boost in FSB only gave about 6% increase in real world performance. People with review samples seem to have been getting very nice overclocks though on stock voltage. I kind of feel like I'm in the same boat as I've been running the same setup for over 2 years and generally upgrade around this time. I'm holding off to see some real barcelona numbers though.

From what I've read on the E6850 the boost in FSB only gave about 6% increase in real world performance. People with review samples seem to have been getting very nice overclocks though on stock voltage. I kind of feel like I'm in the same bought as I've been running the same setup for over 2 years and generally upgrade around this time. I'm holding off to see some real barcelona numbers though.

I guess the best thing might be to hold off a while after the price cuts and see how the 1333's perform for people compared to the Q6600's? Just don't know if I can wait the long! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comment!

-V

Back