Re-building a Cookie on a Cisco 1841

Langly

Supreme [H]ardness
So I asked this question on another forum previously but I need help rebuilding the cookie on an 1841 I have sitting around.

I corrupted the cookie while trying to use the router to flash a new CF Card (I pulled the old card out and put the new one in... corrupted the cookie opps! Wont do that again! ) I did NOT pull the card during bootup just an fyi. Only when I was in the IOS itself so I could run flash commands.

I have the old Mac Address and I have the cookie file itself sitting in a text document. I noticed one obvious error which I fixed but I am confused at where I am going to input my new mac address.

04 ff 09 86 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
4f 43 31 31 30 32 36 4e 55 4b 40 04 1b 41 06 00

Here are the first 2 lines of the Hex.

I am at a loss on where the Mac address should start for this router.

The guide I am following lists Hex 02-07 as the Mac Address but the items that got Zeroed out here start at 04 to 15.

Here is a link to the guide I found... which may or may not help me here. http://www.bitshift.ch/eng/support/kbase/000001.asp

If you guys have any steps I should take or any ideas of what I should do let me know. I am at a loss and any input would be a help.

Next day bump, any thoughts guys? I don't want to go changing values which could potentially damage the physical hardware on the router.

Back