rca input selector + RF mod

hacktor2

Limp Gawd
i didn't know where to put this, so mods please put it in correct forum if needed.

my qustion:

i was wondering if this rca selector + RF modulator could be set up in this manner
tvthingy.JPG

I want to know if i can have the antenna in audio be played out the output of the box but the video through the coxial out of the box. Then still be able to select the input and have the audio and video out the output of the box.

To clarify all i want is just to be able to watch tv with the audio coming out my sound system, then be able to switch to my xbox, etc. and be able to do the same.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
no, the box doesnt have a tuner, so you wouldnt get audio from the tv.

If your tv does have a composite or svideo input, i wouldnt buy a rf modulator, just a switchbox.

Your tv may have audio outputs, many do, i would connect those to your stereo.

my tv has enough inputs to cover the xbox, ps2, and dvd/vhs but it doesn't have a output. I don't know what inputs or outputs my roommate has. If he has an output this box won't be at all needed.

Thanks for the answer though. Thats all I needed to know

Does the 4.1 reciever have any type of video switching? If so, why not just use that?

the 4.1 system is a set of powered computer speakers Z-560's if i remember right. I'm going to be using a converter to change the rca (output from box) to mini (of the speaker). So can I use my computer speakers.

Background of story: roommate and I (we are going to be living in a dorm) have a total of 3 sets of computer speakers. We are going to be using one each for our computer, then the 3rd for our entertainment system.

EDIT: I have come to the conclusion that my original question is pointless, we can just use the speakers from the tv for channel surfing

Back