RC1 and Homegroup

sdgserv

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there a way to move the Libraries folders to a different drive and still have it read by a Homegroup on another comp.? I have a SSD I just installed and would like the Library on another drive.
I hope I am asking this question correctly?

You wouldn't move Libraries per se as its just a virtual folder that aggregates other files/folders. What you could do is move the files/folders that Libraries points to then re-add them.

OK..I am not sure I follow you about Re-adding the folders, or are you saying add the data,such as pics, music etc. after I have created the new folders?

Move the physical files/folders that you added to Libraries to whichever drive you want. Then, simply readd the files/folders you just moved to Libraries.

Say you have a folder C:\temp that contains your music. You'd add it to Music library by dragging/dropping the folder into it. Simply move C:\temp to D:\whatever then drag/drop D:\whatever back into the Music library (assuming it no longer shows up in the Music library).

I think an easier method would be to go to your user folder, right click on Documents, find target and point to a folder on the other drive then it will ask if you want to transfer all files over to the destination. Do that for Music, Documents, Video, and Pictures. That way you don't even have to mess with Library settings.

That's the 'official' way to move your user folders to another drive. Libraries is automated based on your user folder contents, so you should never have to even mess with Library setting unless your adding an additional folder that is not already being monitored.

I will try it..I have not done anything yet..Later on tonight
Can't tell you how much quicker the SSD drives are..Wow!
These will really help Notebooks

Back