RB6 Vegas 2 PC Any News??

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
Is it releasing towmorrow??
Will it be jus as bad of a port as Rb6 vegas??
Any one know how well it runs??
Or any news what so ever??

Well it's using the unreal engine so it shouldn't run too too badly.

And I heard it's realeasing on the 16th ( tomorrow ) so yeah, more news will be out today or tomorrow on review sites.

And I heard it's realeasing on the 16th ( tomorrow ) so yeah, more news will be out today or tomorrow on review sites.

tomorrow is the 15th ;)

Oh damn you got me, all this studying for finals has gotten to me hahaha my bad. Good call! ;)

That screenshot looks like ass acne..Damn the 360 low textures BS..:mad:

It got to be that guys computer, cause that does look REALLY bad.
I played Mass Effect this weekend, the 360 can do MUCH better than that.

I downloaded it just to take a look (don't kill me) and yes, it does look as bad as that screenshot with everything MAXED. Uninstalled it right after since the gameplay is pretty crap too. I'll wait and see how good the co-op and multiplayer is before dropping cash on this.

I downloaded it just to take a look (don't kill me) and yes, it does look as bad as that screenshot with everything MAXED. Uninstalled it right after since the gameplay is pretty crap too. I'll wait and see how good the co-op and multiplayer is before dropping cash on this.

What??? How can it be worse than the last installment for PC. That screenshot looked like it was from R6...That can't be from the PC version. Impossible!!

LOL that screenshot looks so fugly. I swear to god they can't make any good game anymore.
It's so pathetic

So sad that graphics are all people care about these days. After playing ASSassin's Creed which consisted of constantly hitting the left mouse button and space bar, then watching a cut scene (which is about 80% of the game) I don't know what to expect from games anymore. Looked good though right? I guess that is all that matters.

After seeing that screen shot I'm still excited to try it. Maybe the gameplay is solid. Hopefully...

So sad that graphics are all people care about these days. After playing ASSassin's Creed which consisted of constantly hitting the left mouse button and space bar, then watching a cut scene (which is about 80% of the game) I don't know what to expect from games anymore. Looked good though right? I guess that is all that matters.

After seeing that screen shot I'm still excited to try it. Maybe the gameplay is solid. Hopefully...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwOvuY0UbFM
I will never buy a game as broken as that.
Ironically they come from the same publisher, go figure.
I bet theres more than just graphics broken....

if you enjoy the gameplay from the first, the second one is basicly the same but with minor improvements.

the over use of bloom is gone (which is why some people say it looks worst than the first) but everyone that was smart disabled it any way so no loss there.

10 new weapons
10 new mp maps

the rest of the story the first one lacked.

if your a fan of the first one theres no reason not to pick up the second one. unless you cant afford it.

i really enjoy the cover system and the weapon sounds and feel in RSV, thats something they did right where most games fail miserably (Crysis and 2142/BF2 have horrible weapon sounds and the feel of the weapons cant compare to RSV)

it feels like your actually in the firefights bullets wizzing by in 7.1 surround sound, on my 46" tv from my PC playing R6V 1.

the only thing keeping me from buying R6V 2 tomorrow is the fact that GTA4 is coming out in 2 weeks and thats going to suck my life away for awhile so i dont feel like picking up R6V 2 to only play it for 2 weeks. who knows maybe by the time i get a chance to buy it, it might be in the $30-$40 range.

does anyone know if it is a straight port from console or not?

The game plays just like the first Vegas, so I suppose that could be a good or bad thing depending on personal preference. I liked it.

I have the leaked copy because I wanted to try it before I buy it. There isn't even going to be a demo.

To me Vegas 2 is like a huge patch but I don't mind that. I love the ranking system and ACES(The weapon unlocking system). I already unlocked all the weapons via a glitch in the game :p. Basically the glitch is an unlimited spawn of one enemy. I was disappointed that there wasn't many new armors but they have been retextured and look alot better, even online. I played online through hamachi. Speaking of multiplayer, the chat that sucked so much in Vegas 1 is gone. Now the chat is more like the chat from CS.

Some small things I noticed that I like:
- Silencer, Laser, Fire-mode are saved for each round you play. If you die you don't need to turn them back on.
- The game loads right to the character. In Vegas1 you had to click online, login and wait for it to load that.
- You can see farther with Thermal Goggles. Plus it looks alot better.
- You can join games that are already in play.
- You can change your armor and clothing during a game. Only when you're dead/spectating.
- Laser attachment looks better. When you see someone else using it you can see that the laser travels much further.
- There are player respawns in t-hunt. Some may not like this but I think it's great considering how hard 'Realstic' mode can be. Other players must be alive to respawn.

My only cons:
- Terrorists spawning in unfair positions. Behind you, just around the corner with a spas, or too many at once. Once you fire a bullet(without silencer), be ready to get ambushed.
- The Walther P99 looks like it has 5 polygons if that.

Some benches (using system in sig):
Oil Refinery T-hunt 1280x1024
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
2939, 60000, 28, 91, 48.983

Villa T-hunt 1280x1024 (Villa is actually a remake of Island Estate from Raven Shield) Very funy map
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4231, 95925, 30, 64, 44.107

Oh and I am buying the game. Edit: Just ordered it :)

I just finished vegas 2 a few hours ago. I guess it took about 7 hours to complete, I'm not exactly sure. I played a ton yesterday and finished up the last 2 levels today. In most the second half of the game they take away you team mates and things get really hard. I'm pretty good at FPS games and some areas were such a pain in the ass its not even funny. It goes from being fun and casual to OMG theres bad guys all around me. I had to redo some parts almost 15 times. second half just made me feel like uninstalling it right then and there. glad I didn't even pay for a game because I would have only enjoyed about 2/3 of it.

I got the game from you know where and would never pay $50 for this game. Its just like the first one with another story. Graphics look the same to me. the screenshots look kinda bad but once you get in-game it just feels like your playing the first vegas. I actually bought the first game and I think this game should been like a $29.99 expansion.

game ran to my surprise well. all highest settings with motion blur on highest quality with AA quality level 4, 1680x1050. between 30-60 fps. average about 40.

you can max this game settings out unlike the first vegas. the first one had all sorts of performance problems when shadows and blur were on highest. no longer a problem.

I ( stole ) it just to take a look ( I admit to theft yet feel absolutely entitled ) and yes, it does look as bad as that screenshot with everything MAXED. ( Parked the car in some back alley and fled - uninstalled ) right after since the gameplay is pretty crap too. I'll wait and see how good the co-op and multiplayer is before dropping cash on this.

fixed.

As has been pointed out many many MANY times before, piracy does not equal theft. It is intellectual property infringement, by way of downloading an incorporeal item, does not deprive the original owner of the benefit of that property. He merely has not granted the down loader a license to use the software.

The first one also used UE3, but it was such an awful port (as seems to be the case with most UE3 based games) that it ran like crap even on high-end machines.

You're right about ASS Creed. It's beautiful to look at but oh so shallow. I'm getting bored quickly. It's like an interactive movie. Basic fighting and climbing is simply a case of pushing up! What happened to the acrobatic high jinxed manoeuvres that were in the Prince of Persia games?

The screen shot of Vegas 2 looks appalling, looks nearly as bad as some of the textures in Halo 2 on the PC. At least you can sprint in this one though.

I for one never had any trouble playing the original with everything maxed. Yes, even the bloom was on. I guess I was the exception to the rule, however.

I'll be waiting for reviews before buying this one, however.

i went to gamestop today to pre-order GTA4 for the 360 and they said RSV2 for pc was Shipping today but wouldnt actually be in stores until wed. those bastages! ;)

Its just like the first game with new story.

@Wildace, did you preorder GTA4 for any specific reason other then thinking they will sell out?

I'm going to buy it on ebay. Can usually find $60 games for about 40 shipped new.

Raven Shield, was a great game... awful plot and the reuse of the same maps was very lazzy, but over all a great game and I played it many many hours.

Vegas 1, was very enjoyable for me, infact I still play the Co-op every once and a while. I found the story to be just god damn stupid. But the levels were very enjoyable.

Vega 2, as long as the levels, combat and Co-op are as good as the first I will enjoy it.

P.S. That screen shot looks fucking shit, 64bit Nintendo GFX; I am sure the game will look better then that.

Raven Shield, was a great game... awful plot and the reuse of the same maps was very lazzy, but over all a great game and I played it many many hours.

There was a plot? :D

All kidding aside I still play it because it my eyes it was last decent "realistic" CQC game available.

ll i went online looking for a better SS and going to try to prove you guys wrong..and say that was just a bad screenshot..but..i couldnt..look at the palmtrees and the van.....they look like crap games had better grafix before doom3/hl2...the models of my teammate there is decent.but look at the guy shooting me at the right!?!?!?!?...wth ..reminds me of streetfighter 2

944072_20071219_screen001.jpg

ll i went online looking for a better SS and going to try to prove you guys wrong..and say that was just a bad screenshot..but..i couldnt..look at the palmtrees...they look like crap

The building textures look bland and flat. I think I could find better Raven Shield pictures if I wanted.

Its just like the first game with new story.

@Wildace, did you preorder GTA4 for any specific reason other then thinking they will sell out?

I'm going to buy it on ebay. Can usually find $60 games for about 40 shipped new.

the price wasnt really an issue or availability. i just like to prepay my games in full if im in the area. it saves me a whole 20sec. on game release day that i could be playing my new game instead of showing them my ID and paying for it lol.

no moment gets wasted on game day!

I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally suckying-up the visuals on the PC version.

Back