Razor Black Widow Question

FireBean

Gawd
Can anyone confirm weather or not the Razor Black Widow keyboard's quality issues have been addressed? I have read a lot of horror stories about the build quality and space bar issues.

To answer your question, no I have no heard anything about it.

My own 2 cents though, Razer has SERIOUSLY taken a huge step back in terms of quality peripherals. Don't get me wrong, I loved their early products. But after my Orochi's side buttons physically dying internally, and my Lycosa having sporadic issues of haunted keystrokes, and my Carcharias sounding like utter garbage/having a really shoddy mic, I bought me a Corsair M90 mouse, and a Cooler Master Quickfire Keyboard and have never looked back. These items beat the pants off Razer in quality, usability, and comfort. Not to mention, that I got both items for less then their Razer equivalents.

Razer is not known for their quality except for a few product (DA comes into mine). If you want a high quality cherry blue keyboard filco/wasd is a better choice.

The BW/BWU are generally better than they look in terms of quality, my main issue is the cheap keycaps they use. The spacebar should not get shiny after less than a month's use on a keyboard that costs $130 plus tax. Plain and simple.

Your money can be spent better on something else. Ducky, Deck, Filco, even Rosewill.

To answer your question, no I have no heard anything about it.

My own 2 cents though, Razer has SERIOUSLY taken a huge step back in terms of quality peripherals. Don't get me wrong, I loved their early products. But after my Orochi's side buttons physically dying internally, and my Lycosa having sporadic issues of haunted keystrokes, and my Carcharias sounding like utter garbage/having a really shoddy mic, I bought me a Corsair M90 mouse, and a Cooler Master Quickfire Keyboard and have never looked back. These items beat the pants off Razer in quality, usability, and comfort. Not to mention, that I got both items for less then their Razer equivalents.

They've never made good quality products. Everything from the Razer Boomslang onward was a piece of shit. That being said, the problem with the Black Widow is that they use plate mounted switches and Cherry Corp. stabilizers. Where as the Das uses PCB mounted switches and Costar stabilizers I believe. So even amongst keyboards with the same switches the Razer just doesn't measure up. The casing and back lighting are OK for models that have that, and the software is OK. The glossy finish blows in my opinion but that's a minor issue. My Das has that and that's why I don't like that aspect concerning the Razer keyboards.

You can do worse as far as keyboards go. I'd take the Razer over any membrane based keyboard, but I'd take most mechanicals over Razer's. The only thing going for them is their availability compared to most mechanical keyboards.

I bought a BWU back in December and I haven't had any problems with mine. I heard a lot of horror stories before purchasing it so I was worried but after going into a best buy and trying out my first mechanical keyboard I had to get it. So far *knock on wood* all my leds work no buttons stick and everything is great. However, if your worried about QC just buy it from a Brick and Mortar and return it if you have any issues.

They've never made good quality products. Everything from the Razer Boomslang onward was a piece of shit. That being said, the problem with the Black Widow is that they use plate mounted switches and Cherry Corp. stabilizers. Where as the Das uses PCB mounted switches and Costar stabilizers I believe. So even amongst keyboards with the same switches the Razer just doesn't measure up. The casing and back lighting are OK for models that have that, and the software is OK. The glossy finish blows in my opinion but that's a minor issue. My Das has that and that's why I don't like that aspect concerning the Razer keyboards.

You can do worse as far as keyboards go. I'd take the Razer over any membrane based keyboard, but I'd take most mechanicals over Razer's. The only thing going for them is their availability compared to most mechanical keyboards.

Naw, you got it wrong. they both use plate mounted switches and costar stabilizers. the issue is that they went for the cheapest build they possibly could (down to having no diodes for nkro), and it shows.

By comparison, Rosewill is a far better board, build quality roughly on par with filco and das.

Also, you people get a month before the keycaps are shiny ? What the fuck, I have pbt caps on my board and they start to get shiny within a week. ABS caps start to get shiny within 3 days.

Shiny keys? Not saying you guys are wrong, but my friend has a regular BW and his keys are not shiny at all. Maybe he got just a lucky board, but he has had no issues. Overall, it's a pretty sexy board.

However, there are a lot of horror stories about things snapping and keys dying; if you're getting one of them, get the regular one. 70 bucks for a mechanical that looks cool is a good deal.

Shiny keys? Not saying you guys are wrong, but my friend has a regular BW and his keys are not shiny at all. Maybe he got just a lucky board, but he has had no issues. Overall, it's a pretty sexy board.

However, there are a lot of horror stories about things snapping and keys dying; if you're getting one of them, get the regular one. 70 bucks for a mechanical that looks cool is a good deal.

Or maybe he doesn't type as much as some of us do. All the keys on my Das are shiny, but I type like crazy. It took months for this to happen though.

Well, i'm not going to get a BW or BWU now. I found someone selling a 1 month old DAS w/blues for $75!!!!

HELL YES!

Back