Razer's "Project Christine"

Wow. VERY interesting!

I like it. I think it's a little ahead of its time tho. It may take a decade for this to be the norm

Little options for modding/customizing which is what we all like to do. The concept is great but is everyone really going to want to buy the same pc that essentially looks like everyone elses? Where's the fun in that.

I saw something like this years ago on an old TV show called Beyond 2000 where they talked about a concept in which the motherboard of a computer was in a shelf on the wall and each component was housed in an individual box that sat on the shelf and communicated with it wirelessly. So to upgrade your video card, for example, you would just take box A off the shelf and replace it with box B.

Since seeing that episode I've been waiting for a manufacturer to bring the concept to life. This is the closest to it I've ever seen. Cool stuff for sure.

When I can build and install my own modules that adhere to an open specification, I'll be more interested. If I want to upgrade my GPU, I don't want to have to go and find my only choice is whatever pre-fab plug-in ready card modules that happen to be sold by Razer.

Well something has to come first ... be it the Chicken or the Egg. This brings full submersion oil cooling to the masses in addition to providing the easiest upgrade capability I have ever seen. It could be the definition of 'plug and play'.

Hopefully the form factor would be an open specification.

Back