Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless gaming mouse $119.99 Amazon

Is it just me but all these super lightweight mouse's...I prefer a heavier mouse. I have my Logitech G502 Hero loaded up with all the weights I can that it came with.

How can you tolerate these mice with Synapse 2.0 ruining it?
At least they're going to make Synapse 3.0 with the new Deathadder, which will allow onboard memory saving of everything, including macros now...

I don't think I'll be buying anymore Razer mice, I'm starting to have double clicking issues on my Deathadder Elite, this is the second mouse from them in 2 years that I've started having this issue.

In retrospect, I have 20 year old mice that have survived Diablo that don't have double clicking issues.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore Razer mice, I'm starting to have double clicking issues on my Deathadder Elite, this is the second mouse from them in 2 years that I've started having this issue.

In retrospect, I have 20 year old mice that have survived Diablo that don't have double clicking issues.

Doubleclick issues have absolutely NOTHING to do with the mouse and everything to do with the microswitches.
The new optical switch upcoming Razer mice will never doubleclick, and won't have the firmware problems the Asus optical switch mice will have (like pressing both buttons causing them to stay activated, or not activating, etc).

Here is a very long video as to exactly why doubleclicking occurs. Best explanation you will find anywhere on the internet.
BTW, you can even get this in Japanese D2F-01's or D2F-01F's brand new. If this happens, just spray some Deoxit D5 into the plunger crevices (working it in is a huge chore) and that should fix the problem completely.

Doubleclick issues have absolutely NOTHING to do with the mouse and everything to do with the microswitches.

I know all of this, I've worked extensively with switches over the years. Razer should double check the quality of their switches that go into their products. Its all about saving money, much like car manufactures using cheap plastic products on parts that generate or are around extreme temperatures.

Is it just me but all these super lightweight mouse's...I prefer a heavier mouse. I have my Logitech G502 Hero loaded up with all the weights I can that it came with.

There's a bit of utility to both. I've used the G502 and its predecessors and am currently switching between a Glorious O- and a Cooler Master MM711 -- I find that for gaming the lighter mice, at least for more snappy actions, are superior, but perhaps for more accurate desktop stuff you might prefer something weightier. I do find selecting text or doing more precise slider adjustments in something like Adobe Lightroom to be more challenging with the lighter mice.

I know all of this, I've worked extensively with switches over the years. Razer should double check the quality of their switches that go into their products. Its all about saving money, much like car manufactures using cheap plastic products on parts that generate or are around extreme temperatures.
Double-clicking is common for every company. I've had probably 10 Logitech mice and the one I'm using now is the only one that hasn't done the double click yet.

I tried using the Viper mouse and I really love the shape but my pinky continuously hit the side button on the right side.

I actually went to Best Buy and played with the different mice to see which fit my hand the best. The DeathAdder definitely fit my hand the best, as i could easily access the thumb buttons from my normal grip. If there was a wireless version of it, I would have jumped on it. I currently have a G502, which seems like a nice mouse except for that i have to twist my fingers in order to hit the different buttons, which throws me off and sometimes causes me to hit the wrong button. I actually have been using an Anker Vertical Mouse for a lot of my "office" work. Maybe I am just old, but this whole making DPI 16k seems like a waste for me when I cannot find a mouse is comfortable and has enough buttons. 6 seems good to me... 1 for each finger and 2 for the thumb. I tried out 16k DPI and don't know how people actually use it.

Last edited:
Back