Razer Mouse Requires Always-On Internet Connection?

Huh. I was wondering why I have to login to a razer account everytime I boot up windows since I updated my drivers. It's damn annoying.

Back to logitech now.

Another Razer user comes to this realization? :eek:

My old Viper was pretty solid. However when a cat bit my mouse cord in half I replaced it with a Krait, and the buttons wore out on it after only 6 months of use. Then I moved to a deathadder and didn't like it AT ALL. I have the deathadder away and found someone on ebay selling a used Razor Viper.

Logitech G700 is probably the best mouse i've ever bought. And I've bought quite a bit.

Never going back to Razer

Logitech G700 is probably the best mouse i've ever bought. And I've bought quite a bit.

Never going back to Razer

Unfortunately my issue is I can feel the input lag in my Logitech mice but not on my Razers.

Unfortunately my issue is I can feel the input lag in my Logitech mice but not on my Razers.

This might be a stupid question (shrugs) but does it do it wired and wireless or just when wireless? (G700 owner here).

This might be a stupid question (shrugs) but does it do it wired and wireless or just when wireless? (G700 owner here).

No I never use wireless mice.

When I compare my Razer Viper and Deathadder against my Logitech MX300 and RX250 it is obvious to me that both the Logitechs have mouse lag that the Razers don't. I just couldn't go back to Logitech after I had used the Razer for so many years. I've always been kind of curious if Logitech's high end mice had less input lag then their lower end models but I remember them touting my MX300 as an Ultimate gaming mouse when I bought it in 2002 so i'm hesitant to ever get logitechs for gaming purposes.

input lag when wired? really?

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. I could fell obvious lag that wasn't there before when switching back to either of my two Logitechs. I actually used my Logitech MX300 for 10 years straight and loved it but after using the razer and switching back to the MX300 I was like blech noo this isn't as responsive I can't use this. Basically I didn't know what I was missing until I experienced the Razer for a while.

I don't have a Razer mouse, but I have 3 Razer keyboards. 1st one was the original Lycosa. Had some kind of defect and Razer replaced it. They sent me a new keyboard and didn't even care about getting the old one back. So found a fix online and applied it. So I ended up with two working Lycosa keyboards for the price of one. I bought a Razer Black Widow Ultimate like 4 months ago or something. Loving that keyboard.

So far, all of them are working fine. The Lycosa ones are maybe 2-3 years old now. Can't remember. Only problem with them is the WASD keys, the thin non-slip plastic paint crap on them is coming off. Well, was coming off. I just ripped that shit off the rest of the way.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. I could fell obvious lag that wasn't there before when switching back to either of my two Logitechs. I actually used my Logitech MX300 for 10 years straight and loved it but after using the razer and switching back to the MX300 I was like blech noo this isn't as responsive I can't use this. Basically I didn't know what I was missing until I experienced the Razer for a while.

I take it Logitech doesn't clock USB ports at 1 KHz. Stupid mofos, I wa doing that in 2004.

Razer did actually respond to the community outcry on this topic. You can read an article on it here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregvoa...iny-after-rumors-of-synapses-alleged-spyware/

Synapse 2.0 works OFFLINE

One of the biggest misunderstandings is the equation of Synapse 2.0 to always‐on DRM. It’s a popular notion that anything requiring a login has DRM included in it, and this misconception is one that easily gets the community fired up. In this case however, it’s incorrect.

Once registered, Synapse 2.0 works offline and never needs to be online again. So basically, a user creates an account, saves initial settings, and if there’s no internet connection, it doesn’t matter ‐ settings are saved on the client PC and are not synced to the cloud. Synapse 2.0 works offline.

1. Legacy or Synapse 1.0 drivers (for applicable legacy products) will be made available shortly on the Razer Support Site. We will continue to develop applicable Synapse 2.0 drivers for our other legacy products, as the vast majority of users of our products have been asking for Synapse 2.0 features. Again, if those products are already Synapse 1.0 supported, we will make both Synapse 1.0 and Synapse 2.0 drivers available to them. All future Razer products will support Synapse 2.0 and other future platforms.

2. Manual Offline mode will be made available shortly. At this time, Synapse 2.0 works seamlessly between online and offline mode, and is unobtrusive to the user. If an internet connection goes down and if the user has enabled offline mode by checking the “stay logged in” box, Synapse 2.0 automatically goes into offline mode.

Awesome. :)

Thank you Razer for responding and taking action on this issue. I'll probably be buying that Death Adder now.

Does the RX250 let you choose the polling rate? Maybe that's what I need to do to make my Logitech mice usable but i've never seen that menu.

I don't know as I don't have that mouse, but different Logitech mice I have do (G9x/G500 I have a few others, possibly a RX model but I have no idea where they are so can't test it :D). It should be in the setpoint software under "pointer" for whichever profile.

Back