Razer Megasoma mouse pad now orderable!

EightM

n00b
Long time reader, never posted much.

On the Megasoma; it was announced a while ago as a world wide release. However to much avail I could never find where to actually successful order it, as razerzone.com always said, "Available soon". Couldn't find any information googling either, except for a few reviews of it. Regardless, it is now available at their website. I'm in for 2, thought I'd share.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mousing-surfaces/razer-megasoma/

Picture:
razer-megasoma-main.jpg

Not sure if this should go into the Hotdeals seciton or not since it isn't really a deal. Mods feel free to move it.

Give us a mini-review when you do eventually get your pads in.

The pad looks nice and all, maybe I am old fashion but I just cant see this pad being that much better than my ratzpad, and 15 bucks free shipping vs 50 + shipping takes the cake IMO.

Anywho, good luck with it and make sure to come back and let us know how it works when the time comes!

Looks like a sweet mousepad, but like aKrippler said, 50 bucks is too much for a mousepad. At least you know you're getting quality with Razer.

btw this should go in the new Mice and Keyboards forum :)

Last edited:
I thought about that, but there was only 1 post in there. So figured i'd play it safe.

I'll definitely post up thoughts once I receive them. And realize they are a bit pricey. I anticipate that they might be a bit thinner than the ratzpad. If so, then it absolutely is worth it to me as I dislike thick mouse pads.

"highly durable translucent silicone"? I have no idea what that could be like?

Have you used an Icemat or Ratpadz before? I'd be really quite interested in hearing a comparison of how the three materials (frosted glass, hard plastic,...uhhh...whatever the Razer pad is) compare.

I thought about that, but there was only 1 post in there. So figured i'd play it safe.

I'll definitely post up thoughts once I receive them. And realize they are a bit pricey. I anticipate that they might be a bit thinner than the ratzpad. If so, then it absolutely is worth it to me as I dislike thick mouse pads.

Yeah depending on the thickness (and this one doesnt seem to thick since you can roll it up) It could be a nice mousepad.

Ive heard people saying the ratzpads wear/warp after a long time, maybe this one will last even longer. Knowing I dont have to replace my ratzpad for 5+ years (if ever) is a nice security blanket.

Have you used an Icemat or Ratpadz before? I'd be really quite interested in hearing a comparison of how the three materials (frosted glass, hard plastic,...uhhh...whatever the Razer pad is) compare.

Problem with that idea is that everyone has different tastes. All three are good quality pads so functionality isn't an issue with them. After that, it's just about what you like (hard, thick, soft, thin, how the mouse moves on it, etc) and the overall feel of the mousepad. That's why it's sometimes pretty hard to find reviews on mousepads.

Unfortunately, I have not ever used a high quality mouse pad before. My current pad which has been getting the job done superbly is just a freebie plastic shell top and a thin foamie bottom. Thats the best I can describe it. Its a bit squishy but still very thin, and sticks well to my desk (glass surface). I dislike cloth pads with a passion. What got me into the new Megasoma is that it actually interested me and made me thing it was an upgrade over what I'm currently using.

I've gotten close to getting a ratzpad before, but with the anticipation of the Megasoma I just figured i'd tough it out and wait.

50 is nuts. It does look really nice but no chance it can be THAT much better than my 8 dollar giant cloth mousepad that works perfectly on my desk. I have a ratpadz for any time when i need a hard surface if i'm playing on the floor or something with my laptop.

I was looking at this mouse pad till I read a review that it makes noise as u slide ur mouse across it. give me a minute and I will dig up that review.

Edit here is link
http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1697&pageID=7723

All plastic pads are considerably more audible when moving a mouse across them than cloth pads, but it seemed to me that by making it out of silicone and mentioning explicitly that they were going for smooth movements and a soft feel that it would eliminate the scratchiness. Truly hard plastic, aluminum and glass pads are quite annoying in this respect.

how is this supposed to compare to razer's destructor?

i was going to get a destructor with my new build, but after seeing this im left wondering whats a better pad for someone who wont be moving it all? a hard pad (destructor) or soft pad (megasoma)?

Back