Razer Mamba mouse squeak

jamesrb

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anybody bought one of these recently and gotten the wheel squeak? I have one of the near launch models and they will RMA it, but not worth the hassle if the newer ones will get the same problem. Thanks.

I need to get off my ass and RMA my early Mamba too. Then sell it, heh.

I don't think I've read anything about a definitive fix to the squeek problem in later production versions but I could be wrong.

I have an early version and it squeaks. Would be nice to hear from recent purchasers to find out if the squeak is gone.

Interesting. I almost picked one up from BB yesterday until I checked my iPhone for online prices and saw it on sale at Amazon. Bastards didn't want to drop $20 off the marked price so they got nothing. Glad that happened now I'm reading it's got issues. I've been in the market for a good wireless mouse that rivals wired mice for gaming, and so far this is the only one I've found.

Check out the G700. Hit or miss if they have one on display at BB.

Saw it, but the chunkiness didn't appeal to me so I didn't even try using it. Since I'm looking to get back into WoW and starting an account for my boy, I was thinking of just getting the Naga with the 12 thumb buttons and getting another decent, but not high-end mouse for daily use and FPS.

EDIT
I was thinking of the G9x with the attachment put on.

Last edited:
I would try it out; I actually find it most useful for WoW, and would definitely prefer it over the Naga. The Naga's button placement is out of control. The G700's button placement is excellent and the 4 thumb buttons are very usable. I primarily do WoW arenas, and good mousebinds are essential and the G700 is by far the best mouse for this, in addition to being an all-around performer.

I have small hands so at first I figured the shape of the mouse wasn't going to be a good fit for me, but it's actually very comfortable coming from the Mamba.

Found out a girl I know from work has the Mamba and she said she's never had any noise issues. Also, she's using an older one and has smaller hands and she said it fits her fine. Apparently there is a larger version for bigger hands though.

Yeah the Mamba is a smaller mouse. Razer typically makes smaller mice than the competition. I am not aware of any larger version of the Mamba. Probably a different model.

Well you could always give it those little green poison pellets. That should stop the squeaking.

Lol sorry couldn't resist! :D

Back