Razer Mamba Experiences

mayaman

Weaksauce
I am posting this as a reference for anyone with a bricked razer mamba.

Overall I find that it is a good mouse, but I learned that it is also finicky.

I purchased the Mamba from Amazon earlier this month and it came with old firmware, so I attempted to update it on Windows RC7 64. This promptly locked up the firmware update thereby bricking the mouse. I just assumed that the firmware was blanked on the mouse and I was screwed. So I called tech support three times and there were no solutions offered, in fact, it was the tech who suggested that I RMA the device. Eventually I did something obvious. I just manually updated the driver for the mouse in the device manager.

If you bricked your mouse and nothing tech support says brings it to life, do the following:

Install Razer's driver software onto a 32bit OS, or turn off Signature Enforcement on Win 64 (Vista or RC 7) by pressing F8 during the boot process.

Now turn off your mouse, unplug it, and plug it in again while holding the pairing button.

Open the device manager, you should see a device somewhere that is "not installed properly".

View the properties for that device and click "Update Driver"

Choose to browse your computer for the driver.

Browse to the root Razer folder where your driver is installed. Select "Include Subfolders" and search.

The computer will find and install the "Freescale JM60 Bootloader".

It will ask you if you want to install unsigned drivers, click the option to install and then run the firmware update again.

If you have issues with the dock you can do the same thing for it and the dock will be fixed as well.

All in all the mouse is superb, firmware 1.07 fixes many issues, highly recommended. :cool::cool:

I had the exact same problem as you where I bricked my Mamba 5 minutes after I got it...

Your solution has worked perfectly to unbrick and get the mouse firmware updated, but I can't get the driver for the Dock to work... :-(

I had the exact same problem as you where I bricked my Mamba 5 minutes after I got it...

Your solution has worked perfectly to unbrick and get the mouse firmware updated, but I can't get the driver for the Dock to work... :-(

Well, I booted into Vista 64bit and did the update, and all is good! :D

Now I'm back in Windows 7 and everything is flawless!

...and yes the 1.07 firmware fixes a ton of issues, most notably is fixes the problem with the cursor moving when you click buttons... :D

Glad it helped.

BTW, I noticed that sometimes my cursor was still tracking upward when not in use as if propelled by a mysterious force. This was an issue with v1.04 of the driver software. It is fixed in v1.07.

The issue I was seeing was caused by fan vibration. A fan I have sitting on my desk was causing the mouse surface to vibrate and the pointer was moving as a result. I verified this as the cause many times. In fact, if I tap the desk moderately hard about a foot from the mouse the mouse pointer moves with each tap.

If you have v1.07 and notice issues with the pointer try a hard mousing surface then remove any vibrating devices... ;-) lol

I am posting this as a reference for anyone with a bricked razer mamba.

Overall I find that it is a good mouse, but I learned that it is also finicky.

I purchased the Mamba from Amazon earlier this month and it came with old firmware, so I attempted to update it on Windows RC7 64. This promptly locked up the firmware update thereby bricking the mouse. I just assumed that the firmware was blanked on the mouse and I was screwed. So I called tech support three times and there were no solutions offered, in fact, it was the tech who suggested that I RMA the device. Eventually I did something obvious. I just manually updated the driver for the mouse in the device manager.

If you bricked your mouse and nothing tech support says brings it to life, do the following:

Install Razer's driver software onto a 32bit OS, or turn off Signature Enforcement on Win 64 (Vista or RC 7) by pressing F8 during the boot process.

Now turn off your mouse, unplug it, and plug it in again while holding the pairing button.

Open the device manager, you should see a device somewhere that is "not installed properly".

View the properties for that device and click "Update Driver"

Choose to browse your computer for the driver.

Browse to the root Razer folder where your driver is installed. Select "Include Subfolders" and search.

The computer will find and install the "Freescale JM60 Bootloader".

It will ask you if you want to install unsigned drivers, click the option to install and then run the firmware update again.

If you have issues with the dock you can do the same thing for it and the dock will be fixed as well.

All in all the mouse is superb, firmware 1.07 fixes many issues, highly recommended. :cool::cool:

can you by any chance help me by phone with this as a walk thru as i love the mouse but can t get it to work using the unsigned drivers steps
so if poss.you can send me a email with your reply as i am not that tech hot on this

Back