Razer Mamba 2012 replacement...

auntjemima

[H]ard DCOTM x2
I have the above mentioned mouse. I LOVE IT. Battery is still great and it functioned great up until about a week ago. Now the right button doesn't work in all positions. I can still hear it click, I have disassembled the mouse and the button appears to work fine, and does, in specific positions of my finger.

Anyway, I have enough of a background in electronics and repair to know I am not interested in going any farther with repair, short of replacing the entire board.

So, what are some comparable mice? I have had this thing since launch and I love it.. but I no longer want to spend $140 on a mouse with the chance I'll hate it.

If I could convince you to go wired, then I'd suggest the Mamba Elite or the even cheaper DeathAdder Elite (what I'm using currently). The DA Elite is $30 via Amazon right now. Amazing value, imo.

For wireless, I'd suggest checking out Logitech's offerings. I really like their HERO sensor. They've got a few wireless mice (G603, G703) using this sensor that are similar shape to the Mamba and also under $100.

Logitech shape and feel won't be exactly the same as Razer, but that sensor I mentioned might win you over anyway. I'm not a fan of either brand's software, but what can you do?

P.S. I used to repair my broken Razer mice, but I gave up years ago. I find it's not worth the time, money, and effort. Every DeathAdder I've owned (and I've owned quite a few!) has failed at some point. Some faster than others. Mostly due to the button switches giving out (i.e. dreaded double-click syndrome).

If I could convince you to go wired, then I'd suggest the Mamba Elite or the even cheaper DeathAdder Elite (what I'm using currently). The DA Elite is $30 via Amazon right now. Amazing value, imo.

For wireless, I'd suggest checking out Logitech's offerings. I really like their HERO sensor. They've got a few wireless mice (G603, G703) using this sensor that are similar shape to the Mamba and also under $100.

Logitech shape and feel won't be exactly the same as Razer, but that sensor I mentioned might win you over anyway. I'm not a fan of either brand's software, but what can you do?

P.S. I used to repair my broken Razer mice, but I gave up years ago. I find it's not worth the time, money, and effort. Every DeathAdder I've owned (and I've owned quite a few!) has failed at some point. Some faster than others. Mostly due to the button switches giving out (i.e. dreaded double-click syndrome).

Yes! My button either double clicks (forgot about this!) or doesnt click at all. Very frustrating. I should have mentioned also that I have been using it wired for a few years now, so wired is definitely fine. I was just concerned about the size comparisons and button placement for example. I will likely buy this online, as I do not have a lot of stores around my location.

I will check out your suggestions. Thanks!

The DeathAdder and Mamba have always used (now older) Omron switches. In fact, a lot of non-Razer mice over the years have used these same type of switches. These Omron switches are, in my experience, good for about a few million clicks (often rated more). But I think around the introduction of the Elite line of mice, Razer went with a redesigned Omron switch that is rated for 50 million clicks.

Based on my experience with the DA Elite, there is definitely a slight tactile difference between the newer Omron switches vs old. The newer ones, to me, feel more squishy. Seems like there is less feedback on the click? My older DA 2013 has hair trigger clicks compared to my Elite.

In any event, so far so good. The newer switches haven't failed (yet), so maybe they live up to the hype? It's not like I have an odometer for mouse clicks.

As a mamba 2012 fan, I'd suggest the Logitech G Pro Wireless. I bought one and while it's a bit smaller, it still feels great because it's super light and has an excellent sensor.

As a mamba 2012 fan, I'd suggest the Logitech G Pro Wireless. I bought one and while it's a bit smaller, it still feels great because it's super light and has an excellent sensor.

I don't particularly like the shape of that, but I was wondering if you are able to change the DPI on the fly?

I don't particularly like the shape of that, but I was wondering if you are able to change the DPI on the fly?

You can but it's not easy like the mamba since the button is on the bottom of the mouse.

I replaced the micro switch on my Mamba a while back, if you are any good at soldering it's an easy job.

Back