Razer Launches Idle "Mining" App

It's a rare breed to spend more than $100 on headphones and audio gears. It's not even about living the audiophile life at that.
People by and large will settle with having a noise maker and be done at that point.
Quality costs and it's worth it often. My IXOS cans cost about 250 USD back in the day. They have lasted me half my life, been around the world, used daily for years and years and still sound about as good as anything you can buy today.. tech has gone practically nowhere.
Only reason to retire them is they are very worn and look tacky, plus one of the cables has a split I don't want to exacerbate. E.g. Home use headphones for retirement now..

Quality costs and it's worth it often. My IXOS cans cost about 250 USD back in the day. They have lasted me half my life, been around the world, used daily for years and years and still sound about as good as anything you can buy today.. tech has gone practically nowhere.
Only reason to retire them is they are very worn and look tacky, plus one of the cables has a split I don't want to exacerbate. E.g. Home use headphones for retirement now..

You can so much value for money in audio gears that it isn't even funny. The only piece that continues to become obsolete year by year is that receiver which does everything and then some year on year.
I would only ever purchase headphones with removable cables partly because I'd hate to have a split with the cables that requires taking apart the headphones to recable the cans.

Personally I've tested Razer equipment, and used some of my friends stuff, just never really liked it, I always preferred Logitech g series line of products for gaming, and never had a problem.

The only issue I have ever had is audiophile audio quality is not really there and is a severely gouged market, like full tube amps and such, it would be nice to see some of these companies tackle that problem without overly gouging pricing to even the stakes on the market. Sennheiser are great but ffs the price on a decent headphone is staggering and when in reality for what reason?

Get the HD6XX from Massdrop :)

Quantity is the reason. They can't push enough headphones to get a lot of the components down in price. Also the more you tighten the tolerances on components the higher in price they get. When so many people are just happy with cheap little earbuds or skullcandys, it is a hard market.

Many people are content with lower qaulity settings on streaming music, so how do you sell them high quality headphones?

I myself spend more on audio than video stuff. But even in my circle of friends, I am the only one. The rest are fine with a cheap soundbar or speakers builtin to tvs or the earbuds that come with phones.

Well I mean to a degree you have a point, but audio is just price gouged by Name, and in alot of cases the drivers and such are par or subpar slapped in a premium product names line, 1more is a great example for the price the quality is amazing in their triple balanced armature design with 1 dynamic driver, and for what 100$ versus Westone and Shure with build quality that has beyond escalated into crappiness grant it the soundstage isn't 100% neutral like iems. Take a look at the creative auravana live headphones great drivers in a proven design that for the price is amazing.

The best examples are go into a music instrument store take a look at guitars, it may have never dawned on fendor or Gibson but maybe just maybe people would buy more guitars if the prices for the quality we're more realistic, why in the 9hells would I buy a modern Les Paul goldtop for $1200 when I can go buy a 70's goldtop for around the 2k mark used and referb it with a bigsby for another $500... And have a better solid body with a better sound and sustain versus that over harvested mahog. They are pushing....

90% of audio equipment follows the same principle overcharge by Brand, following Apple's Jobs era garbage, push cheap materials with low costs in a pretty package and in a lot of cases rarely bringing something new to the table....

Divialet is a rare example of audio equipment that actually does something for the price, insanely expensive, insanely good. Sennhieser can be on both sides of the camp, Bose is garbage save their active noise cancellation.

And I will disagree Beats we're/are not cheap yet people use them to artifical you widen the soundstage due to constrained compression from iTunes, so people obviously care.

Back