Razer is planning better laptop support under Linux.

Hopefully this will spill over and get them to support their Mice and Keyboards software on Linux as well.

Hopefully this will spill over and cause them to actually do REAL QC on their products PERIOD.

As it is, right now, Razer could be marketing a solid tool-steel paperweight and I wouldn't trust it not to break under minimal usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this will spill over and get them to QC their

Hopefully this will spill over and cause them to actually do REAL QC on their products PERIOD.

As it is, right now, Razer could be marketing a solid tool-steel paperweight and I wouldn't trust it not to break under minimal usage.

To be honest I have never much liked their mice aside from the Deathadder but if their actions get other mice manufacturers to up their Linux support game than it is a great snowball effect.

The closest I ever got to a Razer product was a Razer mouse Pad.

I had a razer mouse once. It was awesome, I could do headshots like never before. All the 3 months it worked.

And because I have never before or after had a mouse break on me during warranty I threw away the receipt. I didn't buy another razer to replace it...

I had a razer mouse once. It was awesome, I could do headshots like never before. All the 3 months it worked.

And because I have never before or after had a mouse break on me during warranty I threw away the receipt. I didn't buy another razer to replace it...

I keep receipts for the length of the warranty if it's an item that would be worth shipping off to be repaired/replaced. Most companies will require a proof of purchase so this will be a common issue for you down the road.

I've always used Logitech devices myself and never had an issue. My old Logitech mouse with it's awesome 'flywheel' scroll wheel has definitely seen better days, but I just love that scroll wheel and it's still hanging in there!

I've never had a problem with their products breaking. I have a Diamondback Chroma, Deathstalker Chroma and Tartarus Chroma on my main machine and all have been working fine for about 6 months so far. I'm not exactly a hardcore gamer but I do spend several hours a night using all 3 devices. I have programmed hotkeys on the Tartarus for CAD and gaming use. So I don't spend as much time on the keyboard as I would normally without it. I don't mind the keyboard but I would like it to be not as mushy. I'd replace it with a different model but it really isn't that big of a deal. A few minutes into typing and I don't notice anymore.

I'm glad they are working on Linux support for these. I was looking at getting one later this year, might be my Christmas present to myself to replace an aging Lenovo Ultrabook.

Back