Razer Imperator keeps disconnecting

Camaroz06

Gawd
Hello All,

Has anyone had the misfortune of using a Razer Imperator 2012?

Everything was fine until 30-45 minutes the mouse stopped working (lights still on and buttons worked, stopped movement). And everything was fine again once I unplugged and plugged it back in and was working....until 20 minutes later when it didnt work again.

I have the latest drivers and the firmware is updated as well. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Eddie

Hello, I also used to have slightly the same problem. I'm going to go straight out and say that I was not able to get it fixed. I had desktop running win7 along with the old imerator and the lycosa (and a pile of windows updates needed to be installed). The imperator never let my down, but the activity of my lycosa keyboard mirriored exactly what you described. I eventually ended up selling the keyboard and started using a stock dell one in its place, but the person I had sold it to was running it fine on winVista. My only guess as to this situation is that razer has poorly coded drivers, but I would like to hear someone elses insight.

I'm tired of fail ass Razer products.....I had the Barracuda head set and card... they never updated the drivers for the card and the mic stopped working on the headset.

I bought the Lachesis mouse, it decides to jump in a random direction randomly throughout games, bought the Arctosa keyboard... no problems..... bought an Imperator mouse to replace the replace the Lachesis, the Imperator is the last product I will buy from razer

My imperator did what you are describing, except I was watching some netflix, flipped my mouse as I didn't want knocking my desk to bring up the menu, heard the disconnect sound from windows, mouse wouldn't respond... I touch the mouse cable at the port and its hot. I check the cable at the mouse and it looked like the braiding started to melt...... wtf is wrong with that picture.

I've gone around reading other reports of the same issue. It is really disappointing. This mouse was replacing a Razer Copperhead that I still love and used without issue for years, I switched back to it until I hear from Razer on the Imperator.

Hello, I also used to have slightly the same problem. I'm going to go straight out and say that I was not able to get it fixed. I had desktop running win7 along with the old imerator and the lycosa (and a pile of windows updates needed to be installed). The imperator never let my down, but the activity of my lycosa keyboard mirriored exactly what you described. I eventually ended up selling the keyboard and started using a stock dell one in its place, but the person I had sold it to was running it fine on winVista. My only guess as to this situation is that razer has poorly coded drivers, but I would like to hear someone elses insight.

Vista and Win7 drivers are basically the same.

I'm having the same thing. I just got my first Imperator (old) back from RMA. Mouse would connect, light up, but windows wouldn't detect a device.

FF a few days, I try plugging it in, and it starts working intermittently. I update FW and life seems good. Suddenly, it stops working. Same problem as before. It's lit up, no movement. I issue RMA.

The mouse I received back plugged in and worked on the first try, but in the middle of a starcraft game. The mouse only scrolls horizontally. No vertical movement. All buttons work properly... WTF.

My copperhead actually got the "cable of death" syndrome, where the connection right next to the mouse was faulty, so I cut and reterminated the cable, and I'm currently working with the Copperhead. It's a little skippy, and the flat form factor has been bothering my wrist. The Imperator has failed me big time, and I'm hoping they will RMA it again. i told them I'd be willing to take a video, but not ship it back. It's costing me too much to be a Razer owner... might be time to try something else.

I'm having the same thing. I just got my first Imperator (old) back from RMA. Mouse would connect, light up, but windows wouldn't detect a device.

FF a few days, I try plugging it in, and it starts working intermittently. I update FW and life seems good. Suddenly, it stops working. Same problem as before. It's lit up, no movement. I issue RMA.

The mouse I received back plugged in and worked on the first try, but in the middle of a starcraft game. The mouse only scrolls horizontally. No vertical movement. All buttons work properly... WTF.

My copperhead actually got the "cable of death" syndrome, where the connection right next to the mouse was faulty, so I cut and reterminated the cable, and I'm currently working with the Copperhead. It's a little skippy, and the flat form factor has been bothering my wrist. The Imperator has failed me big time, and I'm hoping they will RMA it again. i told them I'd be willing to take a video, but not ship it back. It's costing me too much to be a Razer owner... might be time to try something else.

Yup, same issues. Its going back. Im not willing to deal with multiple RMAs....

Sad since it was comfortable, I dont get whats so hard to properly construct a mouse. I think the cord on mine is the problem too. I pushed on the cord a bit on its connection to the mouse and that seemed to get it working again for a bit. If this is now Razer's quality Ill be going elsewhere....its a shame since I loved my original copperhead.

IMHO their braided/thin cables are a really bad idea. The cloth braid actually makes it much easier to get really tight bends, and I think the wiring inside is getting stressed to the point of failure. While thicker/beefier cables are a pain in the ass, as well, I'd rather have a working mouse than a piece of garbage.

Back