Razer - Huntsman Tournament Edition TKL $51.99 Amazon/Best Buy

Dang. Optical switches and PBT keycaps for this price is kind of unheard of. Solid deal unless this board has flaws I'm not aware of. The only con for me would be Razer's Synapse software but with this thing having onboard memory, I wonder if you could just customize the profile you want, save it to the board and uninstall Synapse.

Nice, picked one up at bestbuy because I had a $35 reward laying around. Should be a nice upgrade to my current Coolermaster Masterkeys S RGB that doesn't have PBT, linear-switches, or USB-C.

I've had this board for about a year now. It's fine but I find that the keys are too light; they'll activate just from the weight of my fingers. I prefer my old Blackwidow Tournament TKL but Razer quit supporting it in the newer versions of their crappy software.

Nice, picked one up at bestbuy because I had a $35 reward laying around. Should be a nice upgrade to my current Coolermaster Masterkeys S RGB that doesn't have PBT, linear-switches, or USB-C.
Nice! Let us know your impressions. This is very tempting, but it would be kind of a sidegrade from my current board (Varmilo VA87M TKL) and I'm already waiting on my preorder for a Wooting Two HE Lekker Edition. :D

I've had this board for about a year now. It's fine but I find that the keys are too light; they'll activate just from the weight of my fingers. I prefer my old Blackwidow Tournament TKL but Razer quit supporting it in the newer versions of their crappy software.
That's one of the hallmarks of a lot of switches, though. Some people love that quick actuation. I found that with MX Cherry Speed/Silver switches though, that I was more prone to typos and found myself constantly backspacing to correct what I'd typed, lol.

One of the benefits of some optical keyboards like the SteelSeries Apex Pro is that you can adjust the actuation point via their software utility, though. I guess that's not possible with this one? Ah, looks like the Razer Huntsman V2 Analog board has that feature.

When I first got it I thought it was reading my mind because of how it actuated before bottoming, got used to it and now I can't go back knowing things happen as fast as I think of them without delay.

TL;DR Improves K/D ratio maybe idunno

Some of the Amazon reviews are saying these switches are loud. Do you think they are clickety clackety or near silent?

Some of the Amazon reviews are saying these switches are loud. Do you think they are clickety clackety or near silent?
The keys themselves aren't loud. The press down force is just so light that you're likely to bottom them out which is where the noise comes from.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
The keys themselves aren't loud. The press down force is just so light that you're likely to bottom them out which is where the noise comes from.

Okay that makes sense. I just didn't understand how linear switches could be loud.

I got the keyboard the other day and I am really enjoying it. The responsiveness compared to my CM Masterkeys Pro TKL w/ MX blue switches is definitely more instant. Noise level is similar except this has more of a mute thud instead of a clack/click sound. The only downside is sometimes I find myself accidentally hitting the spacebar while playing FPS due to the linear switches. Also another positive is the way body hold the keys makes it easy to clean my food crumbs now lol.

I can safely say the responsiveness is pretty similar as going from a 60hz to a 120hz refresh rate monitor for competitive gaming or like 10ms to 1ms.

It’s just way too sensitive. I feel like you can’t rest your fingers on wasd. I can’t use it. Typing is even more difficult for me. It’s like you can breath on the keys and they activate.

It’s just way too sensitive. I feel like you can’t rest your fingers on wasd. I can’t use it. Typing is even more difficult for me. It’s like you can breath on the keys and they activate.
Yeah, it's harder to type on for sure. For FPS games I find myself unintentionally strafing because the weight of my fingers is enough to cause the keys to activate. I much prefer my old Blackwidow TKL but Razer never updated Synapse 3 to support it so I have to install Synapse 2 in addition to 3 (for my mouse and webcam). Makes me want to leave the Razer ecosystem altogether.

Update: I went back to my old CM keyboard. The linear switches are nice and overall the board is great but the accidental keystrokes and my typing accuracy decreased is a no-go.

Back