Razer DeathAdder @ gogamer.com $47.49 shipped

Great great mouse. Not sure I think its better than the Habu yet (its a little lighter and floatier), but this is about the best deal possible on it.

Just an FYI, there are currently no 64-Bit Vista Drivers for the DeathAdder. Tho, it should only be a matter of time.

If you do use Vista 64 like many have started to do w/ 4 gigs of ram, this mouse could very well be sitting around useless for a week or several weeks.

Update: New DeathAdder drivers released on the 9th. Vista 64bit support now included.

FYI, this is a FANTASTIC mouse!

It's very hard for a Logitech mx5** user to convert to any other mouse, but you wouldn't believe the difference the DeathAdder makes! (My experience being in Counter Strike: Source)

The incredibly precise movement, the 1000hz polling rate, and the speed of the mouse, at 1800dpi, (when accompanied with the aforementioned abilities), results in giving experienced players the edge they need.

Seriously. This mouse will make you a better gamer in FPS because you will have to adapt to 1800dpi, but you will master it and wonder how you ever gamed with those slow, ancient 900dpi optical mice. (Or, you can change the mouse dpi / polling rate)

This is a good deal on a mouse who's price will not drop for well over a year.

It's very hard for a Logitech mx5** user to convert to any other mouse, but you wouldn't believe the difference the DeathAdder makes! (My experience being in Counter Strike: Source)

The incredibly precise movement, the 1000hz polling rate, and the speed of the mouse, at 1800dpi, (when accompanied with the aforementioned abilities), results in giving experienced players the edge they need.

Seriously. This mouse will make you a better gamer in FPS because you will have to adapt to 1800dpi, but you will master it and wonder how you ever gamed with those slow, ancient 900dpi optical mice. (Or, you can change the mouse dpi / polling rate)

Yeah um....the MX518 is 1600dpi. But TBH MX500 beats both :p And a G5 is 2000dpi, but it has two thumb buttons also!

I know the DPI's bump net's 200, but it seems much more precise during gaming. I actually DO game better. Throw in the great ergo, and best buttons I've ever used... ;)

Now Razer makes right handed mice? Jeez...theres no one to help us lefties :(

Yeah for a long while Razer insisted on making ambidexterous mice because the owner was left-handed, but I think they realized it was hurting them because the grip of the mouse wouldn't be particularly even (or great) for either hand. They probably saw Logitech's design with right-handed mice as the way to go and went with it.

I've been a fan of Razer since I got my Boomslang, but I haven't tried their right-handed mouse yet. Now might be a good time :) I've been considering switching to Logitech for the right-handed ergonamics and I might not need to go that path with this.

Don't kid anyone, DPI means nothing and it won't make you better. If anything high DPI can be detrimental at low sensitivity. I was from my copperhead "2000DPI" to an IME 3.0 "400DPI" and it didn't change how good I am. Hell most pro CS players use 400 DPI.

dpi is all about preference, it doesn't equate to better performance. and you do know that you can change the polling rate on any mice with a simple program right?

1) Ouch. Hostiles, everywhere.
2) I didn't say higher DPI alone made you better, I said the combination of those features make this mouse superior.
3) No, I did not know you could change the polling rate of any mouse. I've never installed third party software for a mouse, before.
4) The mouse moves much faster with the higher DPI, resulting in a faster reaction time when you've got to spin fourty degrees to catch your opponent.
5) "Hell most pro CS players use 400 DPI." --> I'd like to see your source for this information. (Any source less than three years old, please)
6) (Re: area5x2) The DeathAdder has two thumb buttons, too.
7) I forgot to mention the tactile response of the mouse buttons. I have to say, as you all can probably assume, that it is very fast, balanced, and has a great sweetspot.
8) I bought a G5 and I returned it. I did NOT like the way the mouse (with the new, mars-like textured coating) felt in my hand. I'm sure the optics are very nice, but it just didn't fit my mit. Personal preference FTW! :rolleyes:

5) "Hell most pro CS players use 400 DPI." --> I'd like to see your source for this information. (Any source less than three years old, please)
are you serious? this is almost a given fact. do a google search for any of the top cs clans in the world, check the player profiles, and you will see that the majority of them use a msie 3.0 or some older ms mice. only newer mice that comes close is the mx518.

are you serious? this is almost a given fact. do a google search for any of the top cs clans in the world, check the player profiles, and you will see that the majority of them use a msie 3.0 or some older ms mice. only newer mice that comes close is the mx518.

Maybe Pro CS players, but screw CS, games like Quake 3 and Painkiller are where the skill is.

Maybe Pro CS players, but screw CS, games like Quake 3 and Painkiller are where the skill is.
Skill is involved in CS:S... As long as you can find a server without people who are exploitting the game in some way.

You wouldn't believe the amount of people that have exploits of this game. Even if they are as small as neon skins for teams. Undetectable, but still give you a great advantage. The only time I play CSS competitively is at LAN's where cheating is nearly impossible due to people behind your back monitoring.

I dunno, I can mop the floor with Q3 and strictly deathmatch type "twitch" games, but CS gives a challenge, I see much more skill required here. Now if CS had a rail gun... :cool:

Common knowledge is not an acceptable source >.>

Well mine has already malfunctioned-USB device malfunction device cannot be seen-tested on multiple comps and confirmed with Razer support.

Thank god I bought it at best buy for the same price as online so I could return it for a refund. I liked this mouse quite a bit, especially for the incredibly slick one piece design (mouse buttons and palm rest in once piece), but I think the heft of the Habu makes it easier to control..maybe I will pick up another after I get bored of my Habu :D

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there is no skill at all in CS or CSS it's just like you said, exploits galore. It's hard to tell who is playing legibly when its online.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there is no skill at all in CS or CSS it's just like you said, exploits galore. It's hard to tell who is playing legibly when its online.

I'll give ya that, I know there are tons of people that use neon skins, which honestly, is almost as good as auto-shoot.

Now Razer makes right handed mice? Jeez...theres no one to help us lefties :(

Yeah that's got to be tough. You either get an ambi product that isn't that great or you double your tooling costs and drive up the price due to the disproportionate markets. :eek:

I just stuck a set of Hyperglide pads on my feet and the improvement's very noticeable. Got mine from Frozencpu, but it's cheaper if you paypal from off site.

Back